F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 70 Posts
You’re probably right, this is what would happen if the engine goes boom. However, I never heard of an engine failure using Amsoil, i’m not saying its impossible or away from a manufacturing defect, but unlikely.

If it’s the case and Ford warranty denied, Amsoil warranty would kick in, no need to hire a law firm. More hassle, true. But Amsoil offer a warranty exactly to compensate that risk ( thin). I wonder if Amsoil ever pay for a component after a manufacturer denied a warranty !?
You're right... most likely, Amsoil wouldn't be the proximate cause of the failure. But, let's say you get a problematic EB... maybe one with cam phaser issues or some other catastrophic problem. The failure would clearly not be due to the oil, so the Amsoil warranty wouldn't cover it. But, Ford would want to verify that you had been maintaining the engine properly... and when they discover the use of an inappropriate oil, bang, they'll deny you too. Now you're stuck in the middle, with a broken truck.

All of which could have been avoided using the less-expensive and properly-certified oils on the market like M1, PUP, etc., all of which are regarded as excellent oils.

I decided to do all the normal maintenance on my new truck myself. I never realized that I would need to keep all the receipts for what I've been using in case of some sort of failure.

So I should be keeping the receipts for the oil I buy and the filters and what else? I want to be sure I keep it all.

Luckily I started a maintenance log book for this Truck and so far ( 1 oil change ) I have kept all the receipts for everything I've purchased for the truck. Input would be appreciated. Would it be smart to run it through Ford every once in a while for regular service?

Also side question, how do I add the info for my truck down at the bottom banner like most of you have?

I decided to do all the normal maintenance on my new truck myself. I never realized that I would need to keep all the receipts for what I've been using in case of some sort of failure.

So I should be keeping the receipts for the oil I buy and the filters and what else? I want to be sure I keep it all.

Luckily I started a maintenance log book for this Truck and so far ( 1 oil change ) I have kept all the receipts for everything I've purchased for the truck. Input would be appreciated. Would it be smart to run it through Ford every once in a while for regular service?

Also side question, how do I add the info for my truck down at the bottom banner like most of you have?
I have a file folder for each vehicle, and I just dump everything in there. Oil changes, tires, brakes, warranty work, whatever. I have a local oil change place do the work, but they install my oil and filter (M1 and Motorcraft... I can get them cheaper from Walmart/Costco than I can from them) and note the type of oil and filter on the receipt for me.

Keeping receipts (oil, filters and other maintenance product related to owner manual recommandations) is a cheap assurance. 99% tou won’t need them.

Running through ford once in a while. Maybe, maybe not. Your choice. I hate to do something against my will just in case of potential liability. I feel No one can take care of my truck better than me.

Bottom line, Amsoil is the best oil you can get. There are lots of good oils but Amsoil is the best. You can run one of the other oils and be just fine for the life of the engine.

Check out "Project Farm" on youtube. Every oil test he does invloving Amsoil, it always is the best hands down and he usually puts specs on the screen/talks about it and Amsoil is always leading in whatever category. He is completely third party not paid testing random **** all the time.

Bottom line, Amsoil is the best oil you can get. There are lots of good oils but Amsoil is the best. You can run one of the other oils and be just fine for the life of the engine.

Check out "Project Farm" on youtube. Every oil test he does invloving Amsoil, it always is the best hands down and he usually puts specs on the screen/talks about it and Amsoil is always leading in whatever category. He is completely third party not paid testing random **** all the time.
First, that dip**** needs to quit talking in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Second, I'm totally believing that his testing methodology is better than teams of engineers with multi-million dollar laboratories at their disposal.

multi million dollar laboratories say the same thing and it is proven around the internet and on the oil forum. Any third party testing shows Amsoil is the best. Just because it isnt officially API certified, doesn't mean anything.

multi million dollar laboratories say the same thing and it is proven around the internet and on the oil forum. Any third party testing shows Amsoil is the best. Just because it isnt officially API certified, doesn't mean anything.
Then why doesn't a single automotive manufacturer, from the day-to-day Hondas all the way up to exotic one-off supercar builders, for whom money is no object, use Amsoil as factory fill? I mean, Koenigsegg, probaly one of the most exotic builders out there, is running Castrol EDGE in the 1360hp One:1. Bugatti runs a variant of EDGE in the Veyron. Etc. You would think *someone* would run it as factory fill if it were so amazing.

You're sounding like MSNBC news. What I just said is a fact, it tests the best by multiple third party agencies in a variety of tests and it's formulation. How can you argue against that? A manufacturer not using them means nothing.

Manufacturers can have deals with those oil brands. We don't know the back stories why they select it but I can safely assume it has something to do with money. If Koenigsegg is the best, which you are insinuating, and they use castrol, why don't all the top car use castrol? Many highend cars use Mobil.

Looking to put Amsoil in my new 2019 F150 3.5 EB like the rest of my cars.
Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil with an Amsoil EAO17 oil filter.

But since their signature series oil is not certified by the API, I heard Ford could potentially void your powertrain warranty.
Wondering if anyone else is concerned about that or had issues in the past.
I know Amsoil has a few oils that have the API starburst but I really wanted to use their best oil.
You know they are all right I have the 13 ecoboost in same color. I have been a long time user. No issues and I use it in everything from my truck to weed eater. There's virtually no engine wear when you look at internal parts. You would be a fool to not use amsoil.

Also dealers want that money so don't fall for there sneaky ways.

Lol

Amsoil triggers.
Good thing it's good enough oil to weather the following.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'm a fool, doubly....not only do I not use Amzoil, but I take my 2020 to the dealer for what they call "the works". For about $50 I get oil and filter, fluids topped off, tire rotation, and (alledgedly) some things inspected. Ford Pass Rewards gave me some 40,000 points as a purchase gift, so I get nearly 4 of these for free, that's 20k miles, or about 2 years. I'd be a fool not to take them up on the free service with Motorcraft stuff. And I get to ogle the rich ladies in the waiting room.

I learned a long time ago not to stress over this stuff. Just drive it and get it serviced every 5k and it will last.

I'm a fool, doubly....not only do I not use Amzoil, but I take my 2020 to the dealer for what they call "the works". For about $50 I get oil and filter, fluids topped off, tire rotation, and (alledgedly) some things inspected. Ford Pass Rewards gave me some 40,000 points as a purchase gift, so I get nearly 4 of these for free, that's 20k miles, or about 2 years. I'd be a fool not to take them up on the free service with Motorcraft stuff. And I get to ogle the rich ladies in the waiting room.

I learned a long time ago not to stress over this stuff. Just drive it and get it serviced every 5k and it will last.
I'd argue a lawn mower will run for decades on the original oil, ask me how I know..
Sometimes it's nice to just pay for the ease of it.
Hey, if he would have said "royal purple or you're a fool" thems fightin words.
I think we just started an oil thread.

Looking to put Amsoil in my new 2019 F150 3.5 EB like the rest of my cars.
Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil with an Amsoil EAO17 oil filter.

But since their signature series oil is not certified by the API, I heard Ford could potentially void your powertrain warranty.
Wondering if anyone else is concerned about that or had issues in the past.
I know Amsoil has a few oils that have the API starburst but I really wanted to use their best oil.
If u have warranty use it to the end but as soon as its done use amsoil and get a really good two stage black oil separator. It will save the engine along with best oil you can put in it. Also become a distributer of amsoil for better pricing.

How about if you don't like Amsoil....use something else? You will never convince someone who's mind is made up that it is actually as good as they say it is......but don't be surprised when they one day tell you how they sing its praises because someone they never met before uses it and now it is the best thing.....ask me how I know .

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.