F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have received many emails regarding recent actions. Let me speak on this for a moment.

In recent weeks, I have gotten many emails from our membership speaking of the state of affairs on the site. One such email was that from a member that happens to be a mother. It really hit home for me. She politely asked that something be done as she is no longer able to find the time to sort through the off topic posts in the threads that she is doing her research. She is also finding it hard to browse with her children present as she is worried about the next post may not be "family friendly." This is troubling to me.

Please do not get me wrong, a forum is a great place to get together and give one another a good ribbing, but there is a way to do that without taking it to the extreme that it has gotten to. I do not want to "over moderate" the site in the least, but I please ask that the membership think about the things that they post before they click "Submit". Be a gentleman or a lady and speak in a manner that you would not be afraid to speak in front of your mother, and grandmother.

There is no bias towards or against the membership or vendors. We are not in the habit of protecting anyone from their words on an open forum. All members are responsible for their words.

Rules and Guidelines have been posted and we feel that they are quite moderate and acceptable, as many of you have also demonstrated by "Liking" the post. We take these guidelines very seriously, and will enforce them accordingly.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3-introductions-site-help/3419-f150ecoboost-net-rules-guidelines.html

This forum is a great place to be and a wealth of information for our members. For this reason, I would hate to see it deteriorate.

Cheers,

NJ

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
so if the mother sees what that "other" person wrote, should they not be banned also? I apologize openly about some pictures I posted & comments I made. Fair is fair if,It's fair to all parties that have broken the rules.

Again. I am sorry for posting rudeness.

familia primero

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Thanks for putting it so eloquently Nickj.

SPPD

·
Registered
374 Posts
Much needed here...

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Perfecto Nick. Cheers to you sir.

There is so much good information on this site which has saved me countless hours and dollars. I've made new 'friends', if you will, and have learned a mountain of information on many topics. I refer to f150ecoboost.net every time I think about doing anything pertaining to my truck. Heck! I was on here researching every option for the F150s months before I even bought my truck and I am eternally grateful to ALL of you for sharing your combined experience. I would like to see more stickies made in various topics to enhance the site. It will be hard to do that when most threads go off-topic, come back on, get hateful, crude, and then back on topic again. Some of this is natural as it takes an open dialogue to troubleshoot and attack every angle of a problem to obtain a better solution or discover a new problem and yet another solution. However, the pointless filler takes away from all of it. The most valuable info on here are the product reviews and how-to write-ups. Let's clean them up and get them in the appropriate categories so we can all benefit from them. If only the FNGs knew how the search bar worked... Oh and please do not take down the memes. I have bruised a few ribs laughing at them.

I have been preoccupied lately, but I intend to make some write-ups with pics in the future.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I haven't noticed any fighting about anything.....wierd. LMAO

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Was there a night of the long knives or something while I was gone?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Idk? I mean I'm glad to see we want this to be a family friendly forum, but I ain't seen vulgar stuff. I myself feel I sensor perty well as does everyone else. Thanks Nick

Watch your top knot.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
You could say that, a mod reacted badly to one particular issue, then blamed it on something that actually is an issue.

This letter and PM's should have gone out before any other actions were taken. I guess late is better than never...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
You could say that, a mod reacted badly to one particular issue, then blamed it on something that actually is an issue.

This letter and PM's should have gone out before any other actions were taken. I guess late is better than never...

I see. So the ban hammer came out and now we have this letter post bans?

A bit backwards, agree I do. - Yoda

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The issues were discussed with the offending members in private. This thread was started as an address to the membership at large.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The issues were discussed with the offending members in private. This thread was started as an address to the membership at large.

Who is no longer with us then?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
28 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing