F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
One very annoying thing I've seen over and over in various forums (not just truck forums) is the sarcastic, childish replies people post when someone asks a seemingly simple question. You know, because the person being sarcastic apparently can't handle someone posting a question that's not up to their level of expertise or whatever. For example, someone asking what other oil filter brands replace the OEM Ford filter. You'll get replies like "Ever heard of the search function?!" I'm only 44 now, but even at this age I'm too old to put up with childish replies like that. People need to act a little more mature. There's nothing wrong with joking around and having fun (I spent 9 years in the army, so I've seen/heard a lot), but this is a public forum and we don't know each other...so it's not good to chime in with a moronic reply to someone's legitimate question or just be an a-hole, just because it's anonymous. It seems like it would be easy enough to simply not reply if someone sees what they think is a dumb question. Maybe I'm just a little overly sensitive though, because I've got a bad attitude about too many trashy people ruining this good country. You know the type...mean/hateful, lazy, rude, trashy people that can't even see fit to even get out of bed on time for work ;-) But I guess that's another subject. LOL

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
There is no such thing as a "stupid" question if you dont know the answer. Making assumptions when doing something on your vehicle is a recipe for problems, and a good forum like this is a great place to learn. It is just difficult sometimes to sort through the oipinions vs the facts.

Your in the right forum for fair treatment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would hate to think that one persons opinion would not rule how the site was run. They have the option of reporting offenders, not reading post, or going to another forum where they will find the same things. Most forums are made up of a variety of different people with varied opinions and life experiences and even I don't always like what I read I can move to a different topic or thread. I know that the language is not always necessary people express themselves in different ways. If someone is concerned about what there children are seeing then possibly do a better job of monitoring them. Keep in mind this is a truck forum, most of are adults and can wade through the crap.
Marc

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I would hate to think that one persons opinion would not rule how the site was run. They have the option of reporting offenders, not reading post, or going to another forum where they will find the same things. Most forums are made up of a variety of different people with varied opinions and life experiences and even I don't always like what I read I can move to a different topic or thread. I know that the language is not always necessary people express themselves in different ways. If someone is concerned about what there children are seeing then possibly do a better job of monitoring them. Keep in mind this is a truck forum, most of are adults and can wade through the crap.
Marc
You hit the nail on the head....

SSG Outdoors

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
We're liable to turn this into a joke thread if we're not careful... But, maybe it was posted as a joke from the admins.... 0_o.....The world may never know.

SSG Outdoors

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Haha....if they perceive that he has a friendly attitude towards certain some of us....he was out before he passed GO.
Then, how did Kc make the grade??? lol

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
28 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing