F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
You are correct...and thank you for the info via PM.

While waiting for the parts to arrive I am going to pull the intake and inspect everything I can to see if just maybe I jacked something up...

Not sure how, but anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The new in tank fuel pump arrived and look substantially different than the one I pulled out. Of course it is a much newer revision that covers more years so I am not surprised. Same form factor, just setup differently.

I am now trying to source one last quick connect fuel fitting, I have the others, but the smaller of the three has evaded me!

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Fuel rail pressure sensor should be here Sunday.

Fuel pump control module, today.

Should have everything back together and tested this weekend at some point.

I am assuming that the fittings on the pump are 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 and for some reason am struggling to source a 1/4 fitting. May have to drive to find it, no worries.

Plan of attack:

Going to install in tank LPFP, then run diagnostics and test drive...

If it fails, then I will replace fuel pump control module and do the same.

If it fails, I will remove intake and replace FRP sensor.

If that fails, EVAP solenoid.

If that fails, LPFP pressure sensor (out of stock til August 15)

If THAT fails...I have replaced EVERYTHING and I will need some decent bourbon.

I did get ahold of some info regarding the testing of the pressure sensor for the in tank pump, it DID check good on a meter, (used a nipple and a bushing to metric thread then connected to an air compressor with the pressure metered down to a set point,) it reads as it should based on Ford data. Pretty simple to do, not sure why I have not thought of that previously.

Obviously I cannot do that with the rail pressure sensor unless I hook up to the dive tank compressor, which would require manufacturing a worthy adapter that can handle 1500-3500 psi...

I DID acquire a lathe, which is pretty neat. But have not had time to really sit down and get the ins and outs hammered out on how this particular model works. Could possibly manufacture a device for that purpose, but its going to require time I do not currently have...sigh.

Hopefully will have an update to the issue, possibly a resolution, soon.

Thank you to all who have submitted insight thus far.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Very interested in seeing how this turns out for you. I think you definitely know your stuff and have a great plan of attack. Sometimes it takes going through the whole system so in the future you "know" what's been fixed should something else occur.

Did you only start seeing this issue after the upgrades you're doing? Was the truck fine beforehand?

Reactions: TangoMike415

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You are correct, going through the whole system so if something else occurs you know what is already addressed.

The issue presented itself when I swapped in G2 turbo's, all was well prior.

Did complete timing (as you know,) then got a wild hair and decided to "upgrade" the turbos. Here we are.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Discovered something that I am not sure plays a role or not.

When I tore down the engine I pulled the wiring harnesses and the vacuum lines off as would anyone to get in as deep as required. Subsequently when the engine was put back together those same lines were put back in place...

On the vacuum pump, there is a large bundy style connector that attaches the primary vacuum line to the pump. The clip in this bundy type connector was bad, so I ordered a replacement and installed it.

Problem is that it apparently does not hold it in place therefore the potential for a vacuum leak at the pump is high. Funny thing is that the problem manifested after the G2 turbos, so I am wondering if maybe it was knocked loose somehow?

With the in tank pump out I cannot test my theory just yet but I will once that is put back in place.

I went ahead and ordered the proper bundy type connection that goes there since the replacement clip is a no-go.

So vacuum plays a role in the EVAP system, yes...but would it play a big enough role in fuel rail pressure?

Just brain storming here.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Good thinking but sadly I don’t believe it would. The HPFP would easily be able to compensate for the vacuum leak. Also the truck would throw a lean code as well. I can totally be wrong tho.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My thoughts exactly. I still lean towards an issue with the LPFP in the tank or the controller. Have not been able to find a specific OBDII code for a failed/failing FPCM, so in order of attack, we will see.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yes I did, just got to get them off the device and onto the laptop

Tapatalk - it’s like bacon, for your phone.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just to be clear for those that may have to walk this road in the future:

The fittings for the in tank LPFP are as follows:

5/16 bundy
3/8 bundy
5/8 bundy

The 5/16 bundy is rubber hose that goes to the filler neck for a vent I presume.

The 3/8 bundy is the low pressure fuel supply to the HPFP

The 5/8 bundy is the EVAP line

Oh and by the way, 9/16 ID EVAP nylon tubing is difficult to find.

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
For some reason I cannot get my log files to be presentable, meaning that they require the software to view. Odd, but that is the nature of the beast with "high end" equipment I guess. They must think that what they have is proprietary or something. Oh well. I can view them just fine on the device and in the PC software but when I export them they are unviewable unless with the software which requires a log in with a certified account.

Sigh.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,455 Posts
So no export to a file format that's supported by an external program?

I thought you could export to csv?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

41 - 53 of 53 Posts