F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. About a month ago I special ordered a 13 F150 Eco King Ranch, Crew Cab with 6.5' box, off road and max tow package. Ended up going with the 3.73 rear end with E lock. Pretty excited to get it in. Too bad I will not be back in the states till the beginning of next year (Currently stationed in Japan). I am already looking at what i am going to do to upgrade it. Already thinking a 2.0 leveling kit and I am going to put air bags in the back to keep it from sagging when my quad is in the back. Going to leave the engine and exhaust alone till warranty is up...for now. ; ) I sold my Chevy Dmax 2500 before leaving for Japan and I can't justify going with another diesel, so I went for what I am thinking to be the next best thing. I loved the feeling of always having enough truck for the job...but I put 11Gs into the thing over the last 5 yrs to keep it on the road, so I sold it. I am looking for a truck to hall my quad and boat on the weekend. I think this truck will suit me just fine. Looking forward to following stuff here on the site. Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Welcome! I use my truck to pull my 4 wheeler / trailer as well. You'll love the truck once you get back and are able to drive it. I said I'd never buy another gas powered truck but once the ecoboost came out, I obviously gave in!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome!

Great choice with the EcoBeast!

This truck will really suit your needs. I tow 9k regularly with about 900 lbs on the tongue. And about 200 lbs in the bed. Most times I don't even know its back there.

Congrats,

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Welcome awesome choice on truck set-up and I think you will not be dissapointed even coming from a Diesel set-up. Looking forward to seeing your EcoBeast Build! Stay safe!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am sure looking forward to getting mine! Oh, and my other ride has 4000 Horse Power so we will see how it stacks up.LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the group. I spent 1000 days between Zama and Yokohama. Too bad you can't drive the EcoBoost on the economy! Would be intimidating on some of the narrow Japanese streets in Ebina.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I could not imagine driving a full size truck over here. It is hard enough to drive my little toy pink car over here down these roads!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I hope you enjoy it when you finally get to drive it and thank you for serving and welcome aboard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
GJN25
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing