F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.rvwholesalers.com/new-rvs/137052614198068/New-2014-Heartland-RV-Wilderness-3150DS-Travel-Trailer-RV-For-Sale/

I think my 2013 Ecoboost 3.55 gears with a GVRW of 7200# will pull this thing just fine as the specs are within legal limit. With my wife and two kids and little gear for weekend RVing does anyone see any issue or would care to comment. Im new to towing a travel trailer as well so any advice will be appreciated. Also will i need a better hitch the factory one is listed at 500# tongue weight with a weight dist. of 1050#.

·
Registered
53 Posts
http://www.rvwholesalers.com/new-rvs/137052614198068/New-2014-Heartland-RV-Wilderness-3150DS-Travel-Trailer-RV-For-Sale/

I think my 2013 Ecoboost 3.55 gears with a GVRW of 7200# will pull this thing just fine as the specs are within legal limit. With my wife and two kids and little gear for weekend RVing does anyone see any issue or would care to comment. Im new to towing a travel trailer as well so any advice will be appreciated. Also will i need a better hitch the factory one is listed at 500# tongue weight with a weight dist. of 1050#.
Your truck and your hitch will be fine. You have basically the same truck as me(gears, gvwr). My camper is the same size and within a few hundred pounds. You'll pull it fine. Get good weight distribution/antisway bars. I started with the e2 when i bought the camper and quickly went back to trade those in for the Equalizer 4 point set up.

I'd measure the tongue weight of the set up if you get it, i'd want more than 5XX lbs tongue weight. That camper needs atleast 7-800lbs. Good luck, let us know if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You should be all good!

ProPride or Andersen hitches are both great choices.

SPPD

·
Registered
943 Posts
As SPPD has indicated, you will need a good weight distributing hitch with sway control. I went with Roadmaster active suspension for the rear as I felt my rear end was a little squishy. Ther are other rear suspension systems that other members on the forum have used too. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your truck and your hitch will be fine. You have basically the same truck as me(gears, gvwr). My camper is the same size and within a few hundred pounds. You'll pull it fine. Get good weight distribution/antisway bars. I started with the e2 when i bought the camper and quickly went back to trade those in for the Equalizer 4 point set up.

I'd measure the tongue weight of the set up if you get it, i'd want more than 5XX lbs tongue weight. That camper needs atleast 7-800lbs. Good luck, let us know if you have anymore questions.
I was looking into getting the 3P Hitch (does that come with a weight distrubution setup, kinda all in one i thought), and as far as tounge weight once you load down the trailer with gear and other things wont it get heavier. I think read something like 15-20% of total trailer wieght is about average for the tounge weight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the good information. Wayne, I will also look into that suspension you metioned i want this setup to be safe and within legal limits.

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I was looking into getting the 3P Hitch (does that come with a weight distrubution setup, kinda all in one i thought), and as far as tounge weight once you load down the trailer with gear and other things wont it get heavier. I think read something like 15-20% of total trailer wieght is about average for the tounge weight.
The 3P is what I use. It is all in one. It's a great choice, as it completely eliminates sway. Very expensive, but worth every penny!

SPPD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 3P is what I use. It is all in one. It's a great choice, as it completely eliminates sway. Very expensive, but worth every penny!

SPPD
Awesome good to know, i will be going with the setup you guys recommened. 3p Hitch along with with Roadmaster Active Suspension. Probably going to wieght a year before i pull the trigger as my kids are only 12 months old and a newborn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts