F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't bore everyone with the normal install details or pictures since there are a few posts already on the forum. I will provide some observations and tips.

Skipping ahead to installing the fittings in the turbo inlet tubes. This is the most challenging part. I don't have a cordless drill (shock) so I decided to use a tad and die bit holder and hand drill the holes. I used a small bit to drill a pilot hole and proceeded with larger bits till I got the hole the size I needed. I think this allowed me more control, less chance for error, and I was able to catch most of the shavings. I decided to use the threaded fittings and sealed the threads with a little gorilla super glue.

For the clean side separator, the installation instructions show the 3/8 rubber hose slipping over the fitting on the driver valve cover. When I removed the fitting from the valve cover I found that the nipple is too large to allow the hose to fit on it. There was no adapter in the kit that would allow me to adapt the 3/8 hose to the fitting. So I retained the OEM fitting, cut the semi-hard OEM line in half, and using a hot air gun softened up the semi-hard line and slipped the 3/8 rubber hose inside. When it cooled they were practically bonded together. Below id a pic of the improvisation.

Other wise, the install was straight forward and the kit is well thought out. Ask me any questions and I will see if I can answer them.

IMG_1237 (Small).JPG IMG_1235 (Small).JPG

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bought three of the OEM fittings and used them on the connections where the original hard lines connected. That way if I want to put the original lines back on it will be easy.

Reactions: Teamfour

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you were to switch back to stock, what would you do with the fittings in the turbo inlet tubes? Cap them?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah I suppose just cap them. I'll probably do that when I trade the truck in cuz 90% of people will be too lazy to drain the can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts