F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you are. I cannot decide if the convenience of the folding cover outweighs the looks of the hard cover. I think that a color matched cover is very sharp. Lucky for you that your truck is black because the folding covers are black. Granted they aren't smooth and shiney like paint but they are black non-the-less. Be true to yourself and get the one you like the best because you will have to either live with it or take a loss to replace it. Evaluate your wants vs your needs. How often would you carry loads that require you to remove a hard cover? Do you have somewhere to store it while its off...if it'll ever be off? I had a Snug-lid on my Lightning (black) and I loved it. It looked great and worked great. I was able to remove/reinstall it by myself very ingenuitively (is that a word?). I am considering the Bak-flip style covers for the eco boost. Simply because of the convenience. If my truck were black it would already be on there. I will tell you this. If you hand wash and dry your own truck that hard cover is going to be a bich. Yeah you'll have to get some sort of brush on a pole to wash it but you'll have to get really creative to hand dry that. You'd better wax it off of the truck. But they look so good. My decision is far from being made. The practical side of me says flip style but the looks of this LazerLite cover is just .....drooooool...... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Truck bed part

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Boy Howdy there proud of that LazerLite cover.
Yes sir they are too dam proud of it. They have one of those minimum advertised price deals that won't let the websites post the actual price they sell it for but still it is discouraging. You seem comfortable with a folding cover and that is great. They are so much more practical. With my truck being white it is making my superficial side have an unfair advantage over my decision. I'd have to go with a one piece to be able to paint match in order to have a white cover. I'm giving myself time to get over that which is why I don't have either one yet.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Having had both of the undercover products I would go with the folding hard "FLEX" every time. They are both good covers but the easy folding flex model is by far a much more logical choice. The hard undercover is a great cover but it is really tough for one person to get on and take off. Both cover really do a good job of keeping out rain.
My delimma is of the superficial and has nothing to do with which is the logical choice. I know the benefits of the folding cover. I just can't get past how good the painted fiberglass cover looks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.