F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 FX4 that has Sync with My Ford Touch. When a call comes in on my cell I cannot answer it from the steering wheel, i have to wait till it shows up on the touch screen then hit answer. The phone button on the wheel works to ignore a call, or to hang up, just not to answer. The phone is an iPhone 6 / Verizon, which is on the compatibility list & I did update Sync recently with the update and still no joy.

Anyone else have this issue, or had the issue and fixed it?

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Mines 50/50, same for ending

·
Registered
87 Posts
With my 2013, after doing a Sync update, I noticed a significant improvement. Think the update I applied was back in the spring of this year. . . . .

·
Registered
578 Posts
My experience was with my 13' that you couldn't answer with the button on the wheel but you could initiate calls (recalling the last dialed number as I recall?) with it, as for the hanging up you had to hold the disconnect button, I found the logic of it frustrating at best. I suppose that is why the arrangement is different on the 15's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the replies, I really thought i was going nuts. After I RTFM a dozen times thought I had a bigger issue.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Try pressing and holding the phone button when there's an incoming call and see if that picks up the call (rather then just pressing and releasing quickly).

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Mine never worked either, had to answer the call on the phone, but could hang up at the wheel.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Don't know how to answer on wheel either. I think this is strange myself.

You can hang up by holding lower right button. If you tap and hold that button for a couple seconds and release it will prompt on screen to redial last call too.

·
Registered
925 Posts
My 13 Limited works but I will say theres a big delay when I hit the button. Also are you hitting the phone hangup button? I was hitting the wrong button for a while and hanging up on people.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
My 13 Limited works but I will say theres a big delay when I hit the button.
Same here. Push the button hard and deliberately. Wait and then the wife tells me "say something" while I am still waiting for some indication that I am connected:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well there were obviously enough problems/complaints that ford changed the system to this

Attachments

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
With my 2013, after doing a Sync update, I noticed a significant improvement. Think the update I applied was back in the spring of this year. . . . .
did your update also cause syn to randomly decide it doesn't want to bluetooth anymore? Mine has. Since the update I've had to pull the sync fuses, cycle the ignition, and put the fuses back in; this has happened three times. I'm getting fed up. If the Idatalink kit wasn't $500 bones i'd have a new system already, but i'm picky about looks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine is the other way around, I can answer but can't hang up.
I was told that the disconnect button was set up so that you have to hold it for a couple of seconds, this was done to avoid inadvertently disconnecting a call by accidentally brushing the button during driving (steering) movements

1 - 20 of 31 Posts