F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Drill it and use an ez out.

You can get ez outs from Home Depot and Lowes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
hack saw it and use a screwdriver if not ^^^

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
I agree with all of the above but you got some serious rust there man! Put some liquid wrench or something and let it soak some

·
Registered
40 Posts
As mentioned above, use some type of penetrating oil and then try a set of vice grips followed by the notch and screwdriver method. An EZ out would be my last resort.

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Did it unscrew any at all? If it did back off some then let penetrating oil do its thing . Then go back and forth (screw-unscrew) till it loosens up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good ideas guys. Probably try the hack saw first. It didn't budge at all. Not sure how it rusted like that but I hosed it down with wd40 and still didn't budge.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
use a proper penetrating lube. wd40 is kinda useless for stuff like this. liquid wrench works wonders, or mix acetone and power steering fluid 1:1. it works better than pretty much every penetrating oil i've used... just avoid paint.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Make sure to cover the paint surrounding the antenna when coating it with all penetrating oils and what not. Some of that stuff will eat right into the clear coat. You can try one of those EZ out screws. It may not work though. I would think locking a nice pair of vice grips on there would do the trick. With a decent sized pair, you should be able to lock them tight enough to really squish the steel for a good bite on it. Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
So did you get it out? whats the update

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered a can of liquid wrench on Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that'll loosen it up. I'll let yall know what the end result is.

Wish a had a cool story for how it happened but it got caught it an automated car wash, broke it right off.

Thanks for all the replies fellas, excellent forum we've got here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tried the hacksaw and screwdriver technique, ended up breaking a piece of the metal off with the screwdriver.

Tried an ez out, it broke off too. I'm starting to think there's no getting this thing out.

Any ideas on how to replace the antenna base?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
...how did this even happen?
Tried the hacksaw and screwdriver technique, ended up breaking a piece of the metal off with the screwdriver.

Tried an ez out, it broke off too. I'm starting to think there's no getting this thing out.

Any ideas on how to replace the antenna base?

How did this happen?

The plastic cover on base should come off. Pop it off and see if there are screwed underneath it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts