F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Ford put anti-theft lugs on the wheels at the factory? I don't know if it was an aftermarket add-on that the previous owner put on. But I don't have the key to remove and I'm not sure where to start as far as buying one. I can't remove the wheels as I learned this weekend when I went to put on my airlift kit. Do I need to go to the dealer and buy one or is something that can be purchased online or a local store? I've read a lot work arounds but I don't have access to a ton of tools & equipment to go this route as some have suggested. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Does Ford put anti-theft lugs on the wheels at the factory? I don't know if it was an aftermarket add-on that the previous owner put on. But I don't have the key to remove and I'm not sure where to start as far as buying one. I can't remove the wheels as I learned this weekend when I went to put on my airlift kit. Do I need to go to the dealer and buy one or is something that can be purchased online or a local store? I've read a lot work arounds but I don't have access to a ton of tools & equipment to go this route as some have suggested. Any help would be appreciated.
Take it to the dealer, they can tell you the key for them if they have it. If it's some aftermarket ish they can just take it off.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Go to harbor freight and buy four cheap sockets just a hair smaller than the body of the locks. Hammer them over the end of each lock and use a breaker bar to remove.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Go to harbor freight and buy four cheap sockets just a hair smaller than the body of the locks. Hammer them over the end of each lock and use a breaker bar to remove.
That's basically the same thing we used when I busted tires in high school...only it was a tapered sleeve...it's spooky how easy these lug nuts come off for the guy with the mind to remove them, be it mechanic or thief.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That's basically the same thing we used when I busted tires in high school...only it was a tapered sleeve...it's spooky how easy these lug nuts come off for the guy with the mind to remove them, be it mechanic or thief.
You've come a long way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a couple different sockets on it but nothing fit. Probably need to take a socket to a grinding wheel to make it fit. I was just hoping for a actually key to fit.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I put a couple different sockets on it but nothing fit. Probably need to take a socket to a grinding wheel to make it fit. I was just hoping for a actually key to fit.
???

·
Registered
869 Posts
The socket isn't suppose to fit. You want it slightly smaller than the nut. You are basically going to hammer the socket onto the nut so that it is jammed tight enough to remove with a breaker bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts