F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did tons of reading on this forum about the benefits of a catch can, some believe it some don't. What I want to know is the EXACT instructions of how to install on the 2015 Eco 3.5. There are plenty of videos and pictures of the previous models 11-14, but nothing for the 15's........ I am aware that Rx did do a video on a 2015 but screwed it up, so they did the responsible thing, owned up to the mistake and removed it from YouTube. So as of now there isn't much to go off of. I will be receiving my Rx kit tomorrow 7/23/15, and am not too comfortable with the install. The 2015 Rx setup does not account for the sensor on the drivers side, also the mounting cannot be in from of the radiator since the grill assembly is not part of the hood on the 15's.

If anyone has pictures, videos, or any install details will you PLEASE SHARE?

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
I thought there was one on their youtube channel? Check it.

It is the same install (look at the diagram) the only difference is you have to cut the line on the driver side to insert the factory sensor that is there on 15's. I don't know what that sensor does, sorry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a video, but they took it down after drilling downstream of the passenger side turbo, which was incorrect.

I was hoping some members would have installed this on a 15, for any mounting tips or any issues they ran into. And the whole driver side sensor is what worries me. Just don't want to screw that up lol!!

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
There was a video, but they took it down after drilling downstream of the passenger side turbo, which was incorrect.

I was hoping some members would have installed this on a 15, for any mounting tips or any issues they ran into. And the whole driver side sensor is what worries me. Just don't want to screw that up lol!!
Drilling where? RX gives you the feature to drill into passenger side intake piping to provide more vacuum into the can. That is correct.

·
Supporting Vendor
559 Posts
Quote from RX Hope this helps

The crankcase pressure/flow sensor that is in the OEM cleanside hose is transferred to the billet cleanside separator hose so it functions the same as stock. Due to the corrected evacuation and flow after installing the RX system some may see a CEL light triggered. It is only the flow being outside the factory parameters, but it is harmless. The rest is the same as far as installation from the 2011-2015. Just make SURE the passenger side barb is added to the INLET tube that comes from the main air box/filter. The first video showed it put in the boost side, that is what the issue was with the first video, and the reason it was taken down. The only other difference is the can mounts in the engine compartment now as the grill no longer opens w/the hood.
If there is anyone in Central Florida who would like a Free Install of the System so RX can shoot a new video, please get in contact with me via PM.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Drilling where? RX gives you the feature to drill into passenger side intake piping to provide more vacuum into the can. That is correct.
Quote from RX Hope this helps

The crankcase pressure/flow sensor that is in the OEM cleanside hose is transferred to the billet cleanside separator hose so it functions the same as stock. Due to the corrected evacuation and flow after installing the RX system some may see a CEL light triggered. It is only the flow being outside the factory parameters, but it is harmless. The rest is the same as far as installation from the 2011-2015. Just make SURE the passenger side barb is added to the INLET tube that comes from the main air box/filter. The first video showed it put in the boost side, that is what the issue was with the first video, and the reason it was taken down. The only other difference is the can mounts in the engine compartment now as the grill no longer opens w/the hood.
What I said. My guess is this sensor communicates with PCM when to open. I am not sure what benefit Ford see's in that. This is unfortunate it will have a check engine light on, cause then you don't know if another code shows up too. Need to find a way to trick the computer to read sensor like normal.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Guessing ford hasnt improved on the egr issues with the 15s?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Totally new to the ecoboost world. I've had my truck a week tomorrow. Haha. What is the catch can for? What does it do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts