F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try as we might, there always seems to be an unknown issue or problem with buying a pre-owned truck.
For me, it was getting my 2018 when it was just over 40 months old, had 36,500 miles and within a month I had it in the shop for Cam Phasers and for the left rear door actuator failing. (Door was stuck shut!). Then having the panoramic sunroof broke in the stuck all the way open position.
All items fixed, eventually, but I sure did have a bad taste having these three issues right after buying “her” (see also the “did you name your truck” post).
Anyone else have something similar “go wrong” right after purchase?
PS I’m happy as can be with my truck now so don’t go making offers. She’s not for sale (yet)!

Reactions: tidefan1967

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahaha I know, I’m just giving you guys crap.
Just remember-
I’ve been married 3 times.
I have 2 ex mother-in-laws.
You. Can. Not. hurt my feelings!

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Awesome! Been married three times myself although I’m a little past 20 years on the current wife.
Good for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Awesome! Been married three times myself although I’m a little past 20 years on the current wife.
You know "a little past 20 years on the current wife" is pretty good. I'm 18 years older than my wife and thought I had the record around here... ;)

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Haha, well, I’m almost 23, never had a girlfriend, never been married. The girls are always all over me, but I just haven’t found the right one for me yet. No reason to rush it I’m told.
I have a car that's older than you (it's been around 25 years)! :D

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
@boostkingMatt - that's awesome you recall the VHS tapes. I spent the last 3 years copying my own and family's VHS tapes to DVD and then ripping those to MP4's. I bought a VHS to DVD player / recorder. Needed something to do before I bought my most recent EcoBoost and re-engaged with this forum!

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Funny how a thread with "disappointments" in the subject line evolved into a discussion on relationships and marriage!
But we all seem to be in happy states, if not various states, of relationships and all seem to have suffered no real long-lasting disappointment with the purchase of a pre-owned F150 EcoBoost.

Biggest takeaway - I am happy to be a part of this forum and see such more meaningful conversations evolve from a simple question about buying a truck.

Cheers to all! :D

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I call it thread evolution - sometimes! ;)

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I bought a used 2012 ecoboost with 185,000 miles on it .I've had it about 5 years now and it has 246,000 miles on it so far no problems at all. Hope I didn't just jinxed myself.
I think you’ll avoid any jinx. Using these trucks - your at 12k+ per year and overall it’s been driven 24.6k per year - seems to be a key to longevity. That and maintenance.
I assume you’re doing very regular maintenance, oil and filter changes, plugs, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
@Dash - considering the list of vehicles you own (as I recall from another thread) it’s saying something that this is your favorite truck!

Reactions: Dash

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I honestly thought there would be more. And the complaint, I had to replace the timing chain. Glad it’s been mostly positive.
It is interesting that most comments have been positive, even if there was a problem or two.To me it shows that we have really good trucks and that the negative noise is often over inflated. Sure, there are issues and perhaps design flaws or planned obsolescence of parts, but people tend to see these as a part of owning a truck.
Mostly. There are always exceptions.
To me, I focus on the Good, deal with the bad and remind myself l made an informed purchase. Then I drive it hard and fast and smile!

·
Moderstrator
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Reactions: Arkansas Eco
1 - 12 of 12 Posts