F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I'm knocking on wood. All good after forcing out the condensation the week I got Ol Grey.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Mine hates 87. I know they will run on it but for some reason it stumbles and idles horrible. I decided a while back to never put another drop of it in unless that was all I could find.

As far as buying used. A friend of mine has bought 3 used and hasn't had any issues except 1 water pump. 2 were over 100k and the 3rd is still 'new' at around 20k.
Maybe you got some water.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I am a young man and will be 60 in July. No health issues and do beastmode aerobic exercise and old school calisthenics most days. 6'3" 220 low body fat. Total cholesterol 95. Triglyceride 120.
Age is only a number💪

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Haha, well, I’m almost 23, never had a girlfriend, never been married. The girls are always all over me, but I just haven’t found the right one for me yet. No reason to rush it I’m told.
Smart man !

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Good thought but it's been that way for a while and at different stations. It's only $12 more a tank for 93 so I said forget 87 forever. Since my daughter drives it daily a tank lasts 3-4 weeks so it isn't too big of a deal. And it has fresh plugs/boots so I know that's not it. She's just picky. It might be ok on 91 but since the tune is for 92 I'm not stepping down.
Why isn't anyone else having issues with how the engine runs on 87 octane ?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Marriage isn't for me.

Reactions: mlesch and Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Just asking. Were you ever married?

Im hitting being married 30 years. 39 years together though. Besides her being high maintenance we have a great relationship. It would take someone super special to marry a 2nd time if something were to happen between us.
Yes.

Reactions: EcoXLT

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Hugely disappointed. Purchased a 2014 May of 2017 with about 53k. Lost the engine due to poor maintenance by previous owner at 79k. Replaced with another with some enhancements. That one died after 32k miles. Will never own another Ecoboost
Welp there's 1 out of ...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Disappointed it doesn't have 500 lb ft tq but I treat it like it does anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Doing some towing this weekend with a 28 ft equipment trailer hauling a tractor and attachments. It will be interesting to see the mileage. Any pointers? I guess you can't enjoy the low rev torque and gas mileage at the same time :confused:
Give enough tongue weight by placement of the tractor/etc while eliminating a tail-heavy situation. Lock out the OD gears. Either use manual mode or tow/haul. Let er rev, she likes it. Use a WDH with anti-sway. Adjust trailer brakes by going 10-20 mph on a flat even surface and hit the brakes hard. If the trailer brakes lock up, turn down .5 and go again. If the trailer brakes don't lock up, go up .5 and try again. Start at 7.5.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Only time I ever got 23 mpg was 59 mph for almost 300 miles non stop on a 2 lane blacktop only me and barely any cargo. I have got 21 mpg a few times at 64 mph for a few miles. 23 mpg was hand calculated. 21 mpg was dash set on 30 minutes.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I got an adjustable hitch ball with a weigh scale. Empty trailer is at 400lbs, what loaded tongue weight should I shoot for when loading? I was thinking around 1200... no special springs or shocks, just a stock 16 supercab 4x4 with 331 gears with adjustable trailer brake option.
12-15% of total trailer weight is what most say for a travel trailer.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Here is something funny.. I am 6'2" 225. Every year at work we have a biometric screening done. You know BMI, cholesterol, sugar all that kind of stuff. For the last 5 years or so the nurse tells me that my bad cholesterol is a hair high and your good a hair low. Sugar never above the mid-eighties. So of course I OD on salmon and cold water fish and such in hopes of reversing that trend. Maybe not so much brisket.....nah that can't possibly have a negative effect on my health. That statement was dripping with sarcasm! Last year she told me according to my weight that I'm obese so I guess 175 is the most I'm allowed to weigh. So that's the hint I needed to stop walking by the Peloton when I go through the garage and start using it again. It is an enjoyable workout but there are days when the knees say no. It is important to keep our bodies in motion as best we can. I feel it keep old age at bay.
Yes I should be 195. Not very many years ago I was 205. At that time, everyone in my social circle including family, friends and work were overly concerned with my health. Always asking if I was OK. Some people even half-jokingly asked if I was on meth. I am trying to keep muscle mass and at the same time I need to lose some fat. It is very hard. If you exercise away more calories than you take in, you lose muscle with the fat. If you eat more calories than you exercise away, you gain fat and maybe some muscle if you eat enough protein. I am not one to ingest artificial proteins and amino acids and all that magic jive. I try to just eat plenty of lean protein and drink A LOT of water. It is also getting well into beer drinking season (warm/hot camping days outside) and altho my beloved Corona Light is only 99 calories a bottle, it adds up quick. Alcohol turns into fat (and a lot of pee :ROFLMAO:) in the body. Anyway, yep. It's so hard.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I'm 57 and can remember how easy it was to eat like a piranha and not put on any weight. I was always playing some sport and keeping active. Not as much anymore. I walk an average of 9 miles a night at work, 4 days a week.
I worked out like crazy for years decades ago and eating almost fat free was hard to do and the only supplements I would take were the BCAA's and I consumed a lot of egg whites and chicken breast. Back then I don't think the word creatine was even spoken although a steak is your best natural source of it.
You are so right about water although I cheat and drink Propel. I get bored with plain water. Lol
I will be 60 in July. I also walk A LOT each night at work. I also do pushups, chinups, situps, some dumbbell work on breaks. I have recorded as much as 12 miles on my iPhone and so many floors of stairs 3 and 4 nights per week. BUT. That's not aerobic. Heart rate isn't getting 130 or so and staying there for at least 30 minutes. When I walk outside in the heat at 4.5 MPH my heart rate is 130-175 for an hour and half. Easily 1200 calories burned during 6.5 miles. There are some steep hills on my route. Nowadays I am all about a banana, oatmeal, tunafish, and green leafies. I also love Popeye's fried chicken and the local Hibachi takeout (which isn't too bad). I take regular Centrum for old guys, fish oil, extra calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, potassium. I take half the vitamins/supplements after the first meal of the day and the other half after the 2nd meal of the day. Usually only 2 meals. I snack on spicy things while camping that go good with beer and alot of times I am up late at night at home eating chips and salsa and drinking that yummy Corona Light.
My doctor I've been with for 24 years says sometimes I workout too much. I do not agree.
Sorry y'all for blowing the heck outta this thread !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts