F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Awesome! Been married three times myself although I’m a little past 20 years on the current wife.
Good for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
1,699 Posts
Not super old. 63 years old. Health issues did me in for working longer.
I see. I meant to disrespect to anyone I was only joking.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
^ that would be irritating.
So what did you do to recapture ownership of the pcm image? Wouldn't you have to purchase a tuning device, grab the pcm strategy, fetch an oem tune somewhere and overwrite?
I had a Ford dealer completely restore the truck to stock. Not quite sure what they did, but I told them I wanted it completely wiped and restored back to factory programming. Cost me a couple hundred dollars and about an hour of time. Completely unknown truck to them, so I assume they looked up my VIN for vehicle specific items.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Mine hates 87. I know they will run on it but for some reason it stumbles and idles horrible. I decided a while back to never put another drop of it in unless that was all I could find.

As far as buying used. A friend of mine has bought 3 used and hasn't had any issues except 1 water pump. 2 were over 100k and the 3rd is still 'new' at around 20k.
Maybe you got some water.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
I am a young man and will be 60 in July. No health issues and do beastmode aerobic exercise and old school calisthenics most days. 6'3" 220 low body fat. Total cholesterol 95. Triglyceride 120.
Age is only a number💪

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Awesome! Been married three times myself although I’m a little past 20 years on the current wife.
You know "a little past 20 years on the current wife" is pretty good. I'm 18 years older than my wife and thought I had the record around here... ;)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You know "a little past 20 years on the current wife" is pretty good. I'm 18 years older than my wife and thought I had the record around here... ;)
Haha, well, I’m almost 23, never had a girlfriend, never been married. The girls are always all over me, but I just haven’t found the right one for me yet. No reason to rush it I’m told.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Haha, well, I’m almost 23, never had a girlfriend, never been married. The girls are always all over me, but I just haven’t found the right one for me yet. No reason to rush it I’m told.
I have a car that's older than you (it's been around 25 years)! :D

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have a car that's older than you (it's been around 25 years)! :D
Yeah yeah yeah that’s what my boss tells me at work all the time. I just look at him and shrug lol

However, I do remember cassette tapes, and my first birthday is on a VHS tape. Lots of our home videos were on VHS. I grew up with VHS tapes, Clifford the big red dog etc.

And for those wondering, no, my parents did not buy me my truck, I paid every last bit of it on my own. My parents are in the construction business and I made a lot of money working for them.

And so it is a lot more special to me than most, because my blood sweat and tears are in that truck.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Smart man !

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
@boostkingMatt - that's awesome you recall the VHS tapes. I spent the last 3 years copying my own and family's VHS tapes to DVD and then ripping those to MP4's. I bought a VHS to DVD player / recorder. Needed something to do before I bought my most recent EcoBoost and re-engaged with this forum!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
@boostkingMatt - that's awesome you recall the VHS tapes. I spent the last 3 years copying my own and family's VHS tapes to DVD and then ripping those to MP4's. I bought a VHS to DVD player / recorder. Needed something to do before I bought my most recent EcoBoost and re-engaged with this forum!
Haha there you go! Yeah I remember playing with the VHS tapes and screwing up the film inside lol.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts

·
Moderstrator
4,097 Posts
Be careful. What many consider the ideal is too often not what's perfect for us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know what we want until we see it and that particular trait wasn't on our ideal list.

I'm someone who married way over their head, she is sooo much better than me. It will be 39 years in a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Be careful. What many consider the ideal is too often not what's perfect for us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know what we want until we see it and that particular trait wasn't on our ideal list.

I'm someone who married way over their head, she is sooo much better than me. It will be 39 years in a couple of months.
We’ll, I didn’t really elaborate on what I meant, but yes you are in line with exactly what I was thinking.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts