F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Ford F150 XL 2.7 Supercab
322 Posts
Man, etch that in stone! It's easy to fool yourself into thinking what you thought you wanted is actually what you want, and I have the ex-wife to prove it. My girlfriend and I will be hitting the 10 year mark at the end of 2022, and life is SOOOOOO much better!
Be careful. What many consider the ideal is too often not what's perfect for us. I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes we don't know what we want until we see it and that particular trait wasn't on our ideal list.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,643 Posts
Much like our friendly forum Sherrif's marriage, I married way over my head and it'd be 40 years this September.
I look around these days and NONE of the sources of life's joys would even exist, at least not in my world, if it weren't for her saying Yes. (full disclosure: saying yes after saying no, sweetly, at least 50 times)

I highly recommend marriage!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Funny how a thread with "disappointments" in the subject line evolved into a discussion on relationships and marriage!
But we all seem to be in happy states, if not various states, of relationships and all seem to have suffered no real long-lasting disappointment with the purchase of a pre-owned F150 EcoBoost.

Biggest takeaway - I am happy to be a part of this forum and see such more meaningful conversations evolve from a simple question about buying a truck.

Cheers to all! :D

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,643 Posts
On most forums it's called thread hijacking.
I'm the worst offender.
I'm relieved when I'm not the first to wander onto the shoulder, or outright take a turn. :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Maybe you got some water.
Good thought but it's been that way for a while and at different stations. It's only $12 more a tank for 93 so I said forget 87 forever. Since my daughter drives it daily a tank lasts 3-4 weeks so it isn't too big of a deal. And it has fresh plugs/boots so I know that's not it. She's just picky. It might be ok on 91 but since the tune is for 92 I'm not stepping down.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made the mistake of not checking where my truck was purchased from. Turns out it was an Alberta truck so it has more rust than I'd like on the undercarriage. Nothing catastrophic just something to bother me. The only body rust it right in the dip behind the rear passenger side bumper. Looks like it got pushed in and scratched the paint and the red devil got in there. Just surface rust but it's being resprayed soon. It only had 36k on so it wasn't driven that much. As for mechanical things I had an oil valve replaced, then got the timing chain rattle which was remedied with a new engine. And the drivers seat ac was replaced. All under warranty so I can't complain too much. I now have a 14 with 70k miles on it with an engine with 2k on it.

·
Registered
9,077 Posts
I did buy my truck new but was originally looking used.

Aside from my manifolds warping, mine has been solid. I take some responsibility on the manifolds since I was towing in extreme conditions with a tune, but the design is also flawed.

Only other issues I have had was a throttle body failure around 90k and my nav system microphone crapped out in the first year. Other than that ive just done maintenance and upgrades for cooling mainly.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I call it thread evolution - sometimes! ;)
That's the ticket right there. There's one thing in finding the right person, but people change over time. My wife and I take the time to re-connect (not just physically speaking) but mentally and emotionally on a regular basis. You need to check in with your spouse regularly to see how they are "doing". A lot of people keep that stuff to themselves then just explode one day, you have to vent the bad off regularly and savor the good while it's there. Good relationships take mindfulness and time to foster.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just read this post and here's my 2 cents... I'm 65, married for 38 years and recently (2 yrs ago) bought a 16 4x4 XLT with 3.5 eco as retirement gift. It was used from a dealer with 87k miles with bumper to bumper warranty. The selling point was the old man tailgate plus the aftermarket dual exhaust. I have no regrets, always run 87 octane and frequently do Italian tuneup ups. Still stock and love it especially being pampered with all the options, do maintenance myself. Only dealer repair was a starter and a master cylinder recall. Only problem was freezing door latches this past winter. Good post guys!

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Good thought but it's been that way for a while and at different stations. It's only $12 more a tank for 93 so I said forget 87 forever. Since my daughter drives it daily a tank lasts 3-4 weeks so it isn't too big of a deal. And it has fresh plugs/boots so I know that's not it. She's just picky. It might be ok on 91 but since the tune is for 92 I'm not stepping down.
Why isn't anyone else having issues with how the engine runs on 87 octane ?

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Marriage isn't for me.

Reactions: mlesch and Boatwaco

·
Registered
34 Posts
Marriage is a good gig, she does the stuff I hate and I do what she says... most of the time! I don't drive the truck too much lately cuz price of gas. Her car gets 35 mpg and now it's Summer so I ride the scooter when I can, it gets 45 mpg and it hauls! Supposedly 165, I've done 135 on it and had another gear and more rpms to go... I don't understand truck problems with 87 octane plus adding 'performance ' mods, stock is fine and dependable. You add stuff and then wonder why it breaks?! Did that stuff when I was a kid...

·
Premium Member
12,643 Posts
At some point, we became best friends. We were in it together. All of it. And we had each other's back.
By the time we were in our 50's it was unimaginable to do life without the other.
Got to travel the world for the few years around the "empty nest" era. Pretty much seems like a fairytale looking back.
Again, I highly recommend going head first. You never know? Lol

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Just asking. Were you ever married?

Im hitting being married 30 years. 39 years together though. Besides her being high maintenance we have a great relationship. It would take someone super special to marry a 2nd time if something were to happen between us.
Yes.

Reactions: EcoXLT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had to laugh when reading original post as it is exactly my truck. 18 bought at 36k and same problems. When ford did the computer reprogram for cam phasers they fixed my door locks and made it worse. My sunroof rails broke so waiting for nice day to change those and waiting till powertrain coverage gets closer to end before cam phaser replacement. Scared of the problems that will come after they replace them. The 13 that i traded in for this had its problems too but lasted along time before any problems. Next time I purchase I will seriously consider a different brand. It is the best looking truck inside and out though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive had so many issues ive lost count ... luckily ive always had a ford ESP premiumcare coverage .. heres the list i can remember

-rear window defrost broken
-Sunroof track cracked
-right and left side exhaust manifold leak with broken bolts
-Turbo replaced on left side
-Inlet tubing for turbo replaced on left side
-Fuel sending relay module replaced due to corrosion
-Blower motor failure
-timing chain tsb done for timing chain rattle

Ac compressor clutch 5/20/22

73k miles bought used at 24 k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try as we might, there always seems to be an unknown issue or problem with buying a pre-owned truck.
For me, it was getting my 2018 when it was just over 40 months old, had 36,500 miles and within a month I had it in the shop for Cam Phasers and for the left rear door actuator failing. (Door was stuck shut!). Then having the panoramic sunroof broke in the stuck all the way open position.
All items fixed, eventually, but I sure did have a bad taste having these three issues right after buying “her” (see also the “did you name your truck” post).
Anyone else have something similar “go wrong” right after purchase?
PS I’m happy as can be with my truck now so don’t go making offers. She’s not for sale (yet)!
I bought a used 2012 ecoboost with 185,000 miles on it .I've had it about 5 years now and it has 246,000 miles on it so far no problems at all. Hope I didn't just jinxed myself.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I bought a used 2012 ecoboost with 185,000 miles on it .I've had it about 5 years now and it has 246,000 miles on it so far no problems at all. Hope I didn't just jinxed myself.
I think you’ll avoid any jinx. Using these trucks - your at 12k+ per year and overall it’s been driven 24.6k per year - seems to be a key to longevity. That and maintenance.
I assume you’re doing very regular maintenance, oil and filter changes, plugs, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 107 Posts