F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
my wife is the most amazing person I've met, can't imagine doing life without her,

I purchase my truck with 4500 miles on it, actually the owner of the dealership ordered the truck and he drove it for those miles,
the 1st year it spent 15 days at the dealership for:
3 recalls
front diff replacement
window switch (which was really weird they diagnosed it put it back together called me rescheduled again for 2 weeks later when the part came in)
so the first year I was skeptical, but since then it's become my favorite truck I've have owned to this day
I do not open my sunroof, just the curtain
have not had the rattle (knock on wood)
the biggest disappointment for me is the oil pan, oil pan drain plug, and oil filter placement

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
@Dash - considering the list of vehicles you own (as I recall from another thread) it’s saying something that this is your favorite truck!

Reactions: Dash

·
Administrator
7,915 Posts
I don't have a dog in the fight since both of my Ecoboosts have been bought brand new...but hell no I would never buy an F150 with the Ecoboost motor.

lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guess I am pretty fortunate. I bought my 2017 from a dealer at 5500 miles and a California lemon law disclosure. Pulled the history and Ford had put a new long block in it. Price was under market so I gambled. 50k miles later and have only had to have the cam phasers, chain, and 2 sensors replaced. All covered under the extended warranty Ford gave me. Absolutely love this truck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hugely disappointed. Purchased a 2014 May of 2017 with about 53k. Lost the engine due to poor maintenance by previous owner at 79k. Replaced with another with some enhancements. That one died after 32k miles. Will never own another Ecoboost

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2015 SCREW 2.7 and love it. Had ~ 36,000 miles on it and it runs great now at > 53K miles. I scanned the carcomplaints.com site looking at Ford, Chevy, Dodge and out of the the Ford trucks 2015 was a sweet spot, especially with the 2.7L engine. The other years had a lot of issues with electrical, transmission, etc. I also notice that of the two engines, the 2.7 and the 3.5, that the 3.5 has more problems based on what I see on this forum. And I loved the Ruby Red finish. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Hugely disappointed. Purchased a 2014 May of 2017 with about 53k. Lost the engine due to poor maintenance by previous owner at 79k. Replaced with another with some enhancements. That one died after 32k miles. Will never own another Ecoboost
Welp there's 1 out of ...

·
Moderstrator
4,097 Posts
Given that sentiment this is an interesting forum to spend time on.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I honestly thought there would be more. And the complaint, I had to replace the timing chain. Glad it’s been mostly positive.
It is interesting that most comments have been positive, even if there was a problem or two.To me it shows that we have really good trucks and that the negative noise is often over inflated. Sure, there are issues and perhaps design flaws or planned obsolescence of parts, but people tend to see these as a part of owning a truck.
Mostly. There are always exceptions.
To me, I focus on the Good, deal with the bad and remind myself l made an informed purchase. Then I drive it hard and fast and smile!

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,640 Posts
I gotta admit if I were needing my 3rd motor at ~100,000 miles, my post would probably reflect it. :)

Edit: due to new post while I was typing

If mine had the kind of "shimmer" that didn't seem normal, it wouldn't be for 110,000 miles. I can't live with stuff like that. I HAVE to fix whatever seeeems like it's not right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2011 new and was getting great a great 22 MPG on the highway making monthly trips from NY to NC. I traded that in for a 2013 used eco with the 3.55 gearing. I was down to about 19 MPG on that truck. Same engine same gearing. At 200,000 miles, i traded that one in for my 2018 eco with the same 3.55 gearing. I get on the average of 17.3 mpg. Always used 97 octane. I brought the trucks to Ford several times to finds out why I was not getting the same MPG's as my 2011, and of course they were unable to find any issues.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,640 Posts
You mean 87 octane? :)
That would be irritating since the automotive world woos us with getting the newest version because it's more efficient.
It's strange though that the Aluminum truck with the Gen2 dual injection couldn't be more miserly than the introductory Ecoboost.

·
Premium Member
12,640 Posts
How does this ethanol crap gas work into the mix? Was it around in 2011?
Good point. It is possible that gas plays into his equation. But honestly, I think he started with a ringer that set the bar so high. A 22mpg 3.5 Ecoboost is a ringer indeed.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Speedometer Vehicle Car Trip computer Gauge
Automotive design Audio equipment Vehicle Vehicle audio Personal luxury car
Gadget Communication Device Font Auto part Display device

I guess 22 is possible, on perfect conditions. Most times I’m on a trip I’m close to 20 but in the end, 9995 miles of combined driving its 17. I’m not real hard on pushing the gas pedal down like some of us and we all know how fast mpg goes down while we have fun in these trucks. If I had this truck when I was in my 20’s I’d probably only get 14 or 15mpg.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts