F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,047 Posts
To be honest you need to keep it under 65-70 to get 22. At 80mph the instant mpg reading, even after reset hovers around 18.5.
Yea, I can guarantee you that EPA fuel economy testing doesn't in any way represent real-world-Texas driving. You ain't doing 65-70 on I-10 without drawing the ire of the collective.

I'm NOT complaining though. I always felt my Gen2 KingRanch got excellent fuel economy for the way I drove and the power on tap. It didn't get 22 on I-10 either.
The Powerboost is like it's cheating physics and chemistry. It's Effortless and without any drama able to fly, and yet as soon as you settle it goes into tea-sipping mode and recovers for your wasteful, but exciting, moment. But a brick is a brick in the wind tunnel. So again, it has no magic to draw on at 80+ mph. Except perhaps some contribution from the electric torque VS boost. Keeping it above the 20mpg mark.

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
Disappointed it doesn't have 500 lb ft tq but I treat it like it does anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doing some towing this weekend with a 28 ft equipment trailer hauling a tractor and attachments. It will be interesting to see the mileage. Any pointers? I guess you can't enjoy the low rev torque and gas mileage at the same time :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
Doing some towing this weekend with a 28 ft equipment trailer hauling a tractor and attachments. It will be interesting to see the mileage. Any pointers? I guess you can't enjoy the low rev torque and gas mileage at the same time :confused:
Give enough tongue weight by placement of the tractor/etc while eliminating a tail-heavy situation. Lock out the OD gears. Either use manual mode or tow/haul. Let er rev, she likes it. Use a WDH with anti-sway. Adjust trailer brakes by going 10-20 mph on a flat even surface and hit the brakes hard. If the trailer brakes lock up, turn down .5 and go again. If the trailer brakes don't lock up, go up .5 and try again. Start at 7.5.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
I only got 22 mpg once and it was a 7 hour ride from Park City UT to Durango CO and was 65 mph basically the whole way.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
Only time I ever got 23 mpg was 59 mph for almost 300 miles non stop on a 2 lane blacktop only me and barely any cargo. I have got 21 mpg a few times at 64 mph for a few miles. 23 mpg was hand calculated. 21 mpg was dash set on 30 minutes.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got an adjustable hitch ball with a weigh scale. Empty trailer is at 400lbs, what loaded tongue weight should I shoot for when loading? I was thinking around 1200... no special springs or shocks, just a stock 16 supercab 4x4 with 331 gears with adjustable trailer brake option.

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
I got an adjustable hitch ball with a weigh scale. Empty trailer is at 400lbs, what loaded tongue weight should I shoot for when loading? I was thinking around 1200... no special springs or shocks, just a stock 16 supercab 4x4 with 331 gears with adjustable trailer brake option.
12-15% of total trailer weight is what most say for a travel trailer.

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,413 Posts
Tractor I'm selling to my brother in law is a 49 Case VAC with an I beam on front and weights on all 4 wheels. My other one is an Allis Chalmers 160 with a bucket. Fun times.
Ohhh and older one made of pig iron.. probably around #80k

·
Registered
32 Posts
2019 3.5 ecoboost,84000 miles.trans shudder in all gears,replaced torque converter and valve body.needs timing set and cam phazers now.today,trans overheating,leaking,and shifting all goofed up.hopefully it can be fixed for good or I am going back to chevy.Ford used to make a damn good truck,what the hell happened?

• Sad
Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
Who did the transmission work?
Sounds like the transmission is worse after the torque converter and valve body job.

What happened to good mechanics and reliable results?

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I am a young man and will be 60 in July. No health issues and do beastmode aerobic exercise and old school calisthenics most days. 6'3" 220 low body fat. Total cholesterol 95. Triglyceride 120.
Age is only a number💪
Here is something funny.. I am 6'2" 225. Every year at work we have a biometric screening done. You know BMI, cholesterol, sugar all that kind of stuff. For the last 5 years or so the nurse tells me that my bad cholesterol is a hair high and your good a hair low. Sugar never above the mid-eighties. So of course I OD on salmon and cold water fish and such in hopes of reversing that trend. Maybe not so much brisket.....nah that can't possibly have a negative effect on my health. That statement was dripping with sarcasm! Last year she told me according to my weight that I'm obese so I guess 175 is the most I'm allowed to weigh. So that's the hint I needed to stop walking by the Peloton when I go through the garage and start using it again. It is an enjoyable workout but there are days when the knees say no. It is important to keep our bodies in motion as best we can. I feel it keep old age at bay.

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
Ford dealer did the work
Do you feel like they fixed what was wrong with the transmission?
I ask because it just doesn't seem like a repair for a shudder should result in all the other maladys the transmission now has.
I guess it could be a coincidence, but it'd be hard to trust them to touch my phasers.
And it's not common for a 2019 to need a timing chain. At least not a well taken care of truck anyways.

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
Here is something funny.. I am 6'2" 225. Every year at work we have a biometric screening done. You know BMI, cholesterol, sugar all that kind of stuff. For the last 5 years or so the nurse tells me that my bad cholesterol is a hair high and your good a hair low. Sugar never above the mid-eighties. So of course I OD on salmon and cold water fish and such in hopes of reversing that trend. Maybe not so much brisket.....nah that can't possibly have a negative effect on my health. That statement was dripping with sarcasm! Last year she told me according to my weight that I'm obese so I guess 175 is the most I'm allowed to weigh. So that's the hint I needed to stop walking by the Peloton when I go through the garage and start using it again. It is an enjoyable workout but there are days when the knees say no. It is important to keep our bodies in motion as best we can. I feel it keep old age at bay.
Yes I should be 195. Not very many years ago I was 205. At that time, everyone in my social circle including family, friends and work were overly concerned with my health. Always asking if I was OK. Some people even half-jokingly asked if I was on meth. I am trying to keep muscle mass and at the same time I need to lose some fat. It is very hard. If you exercise away more calories than you take in, you lose muscle with the fat. If you eat more calories than you exercise away, you gain fat and maybe some muscle if you eat enough protein. I am not one to ingest artificial proteins and amino acids and all that magic jive. I try to just eat plenty of lean protein and drink A LOT of water. It is also getting well into beer drinking season (warm/hot camping days outside) and altho my beloved Corona Light is only 99 calories a bottle, it adds up quick. Alcohol turns into fat (and a lot of pee :ROFLMAO:) in the body. Anyway, yep. It's so hard.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Yes I should be 195. Not very many years ago I was 205. At that time, everyone in my social circle including family, friends and work were overly concerned with my health. Always asking if I was OK. Some people even half-jokingly asked if I was on meth. I am trying to keep muscle mass and at the same time I need to lose some fat. It is very hard. If you exercise away more calories than you take in, you lose muscle with the fat. If you eat more calories than you exercise away, you gain fat and maybe some muscle if you eat enough protein. I am not one to ingest artificial proteins and amino acids and all that magic jive. I try to just eat plenty of lean protein and drink A LOT of water. It is also getting well into beer drinking season (warm/hot camping days outside) and altho my beloved Corona Light is only 99 calories a bottle, it adds up quick. Alcohol turns into fat (and a lot of pee :ROFLMAO:) in the body. Anyway, yep. It's so hard.
I'm 57 and can remember how easy it was to eat like a piranha and not put on any weight. I was always playing some sport and keeping active. Not as much anymore. I walk an average of 9 miles a night at work, 4 days a week.
I worked out like crazy for years decades ago and eating almost fat free was hard to do and the only supplements I would take were the BCAA's and I consumed a lot of egg whites and chicken breast. Back then I don't think the word creatine was even spoken although a steak is your best natural source of it.
You are so right about water although I cheat and drink Propel. I get bored with plain water. Lol

81 - 100 of 129 Posts