F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,655 Posts
I'm 57 and can remember how easy it was to eat like a piranha and not put on any weight. I was always playing some sport and keeping active. Not as much anymore. I walk an average of 9 miles a night at work, 4 days a week.
I worked out like crazy for years decades ago and eating almost fat free was hard to do and the only supplements I would take were the BCAA's and I consumed a lot of egg whites and chicken breast. Back then I don't think the word creatine was even spoken although a steak is your best natural source of it.
You are so right about water although I cheat and drink Propel. I get bored with plain water. Lol
I will be 60 in July. I also walk A LOT each night at work. I also do pushups, chinups, situps, some dumbbell work on breaks. I have recorded as much as 12 miles on my iPhone and so many floors of stairs 3 and 4 nights per week. BUT. That's not aerobic. Heart rate isn't getting 130 or so and staying there for at least 30 minutes. When I walk outside in the heat at 4.5 MPH my heart rate is 130-175 for an hour and half. Easily 1200 calories burned during 6.5 miles. There are some steep hills on my route. Nowadays I am all about a banana, oatmeal, tunafish, and green leafies. I also love Popeye's fried chicken and the local Hibachi takeout (which isn't too bad). I take regular Centrum for old guys, fish oil, extra calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, potassium. I take half the vitamins/supplements after the first meal of the day and the other half after the 2nd meal of the day. Usually only 2 meals. I snack on spicy things while camping that go good with beer and alot of times I am up late at night at home eating chips and salsa and drinking that yummy Corona Light.
My doctor I've been with for 24 years says sometimes I workout too much. I do not agree.
Sorry y'all for blowing the heck outta this thread !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ugh... you guys make me feel old and fat and probably ugly to boot. I'm 65, 6'1" and just under 300.... and yay...retired. I putz around with wife, motorcycles, trailer, tractors, house, yard, Church, car, truck, up keep etc.... Try to stay 'active', Happy and enjoy life. Slowing down some but life is good, economy and gas prices suck but oh well.... See how moving tractor goes today, 300 miles each way, hopefully no issues!

·
Moderstrator
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yay! We made it home, truck and trailer trip was flawless... Truck drove like there was nothing behind it and used the 6 gears with no problems with cruise control. I had to laugh with holding speed coming down hills and stopping, the tow/haul mode made it sound like like a racecar blipping gas with gears. Went over 70 a couple times and didn't notice. Oops...

101 - 107 of 107 Posts