F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
I'm 57 and can remember how easy it was to eat like a piranha and not put on any weight. I was always playing some sport and keeping active. Not as much anymore. I walk an average of 9 miles a night at work, 4 days a week.
I worked out like crazy for years decades ago and eating almost fat free was hard to do and the only supplements I would take were the BCAA's and I consumed a lot of egg whites and chicken breast. Back then I don't think the word creatine was even spoken although a steak is your best natural source of it.
You are so right about water although I cheat and drink Propel. I get bored with plain water. Lol
I will be 60 in July. I also walk A LOT each night at work. I also do pushups, chinups, situps, some dumbbell work on breaks. I have recorded as much as 12 miles on my iPhone and so many floors of stairs 3 and 4 nights per week. BUT. That's not aerobic. Heart rate isn't getting 130 or so and staying there for at least 30 minutes. When I walk outside in the heat at 4.5 MPH my heart rate is 130-175 for an hour and half. Easily 1200 calories burned during 6.5 miles. There are some steep hills on my route. Nowadays I am all about a banana, oatmeal, tunafish, and green leafies. I also love Popeye's fried chicken and the local Hibachi takeout (which isn't too bad). I take regular Centrum for old guys, fish oil, extra calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, potassium. I take half the vitamins/supplements after the first meal of the day and the other half after the 2nd meal of the day. Usually only 2 meals. I snack on spicy things while camping that go good with beer and alot of times I am up late at night at home eating chips and salsa and drinking that yummy Corona Light.
My doctor I've been with for 24 years says sometimes I workout too much. I do not agree.
Sorry y'all for blowing the heck outta this thread !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ugh... you guys make me feel old and fat and probably ugly to boot. I'm 65, 6'1" and just under 300.... and yay...retired. I putz around with wife, motorcycles, trailer, tractors, house, yard, Church, car, truck, up keep etc.... Try to stay 'active', Happy and enjoy life. Slowing down some but life is good, economy and gas prices suck but oh well.... See how moving tractor goes today, 300 miles each way, hopefully no issues!

·
Moderstrator
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yay! We made it home, truck and trailer trip was flawless... Truck drove like there was nothing behind it and used the 6 gears with no problems with cruise control. I had to laugh with holding speed coming down hills and stopping, the tow/haul mode made it sound like like a racecar blipping gas with gears. Went over 70 a couple times and didn't notice. Oops...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a used 2012 ecoboost with 185,000 miles on it .I've had it about 5 years now and it has 246,000 miles on it so far no problems at all. Hope I didn't just jinxed myself.

wow thats luck ... i wonder if mine just was horrible junk.. honestly made the best choice getting and extending the ESP

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
I am a young man and will be 60 in July. No health issues and do beastmode aerobic exercise and old school calisthenics most days. 6'3" 220 low body fat. Total cholesterol 95. Triglyceride 120.
Age is only a number💪
I know this is a old post but I browse the forum a lot. Just wanted to say good for you for keeping moving. My problem is I don’t. I let the Texas heat keep me inside to much. Now when I want to get a project done I don’t last as long as I want. I’m 56 type two diabetes. I kept it all under control until I retired. Trust me everyone the older you are the harder it is to get back into shape once you let go. Stay young Arkansas Eco your an inspiration. I’m going to start walking early in the morning when it’s cooler and I’ve already turned over a new leaf on my diet. I stay busy detailing my F150 all the time but that’s not enough. I have a boat sitting in the driveway all I need to do is finish installing the floor. Then it’s on I’ll be putting some miles on the Ecoboost because I love to fish. It used to be my way of life. Im 6’ and weighed 300 when I first found out about the diabetes. I dropped 60 pounds and hit a bow flex after work and spent a lot of time on the golf course as it was part of my job to entertain clients. Then I retired. Fighting weight gain. Not back up to 300 mind you but I’m going to get back into my own activities so I don’t have to fight.
Yep it’s time I got back off my rear and lived again. I got 12 grandkids and a lot of fishing to do with them.
Sorry for the rant everybody. Ive been working myself up for this for weeks now and Arkansas is right age is just a number.

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
Much like our friendly forum Sherrif's marriage, I married way over my head and it'd be 40 years this September.
I look around these days and NONE of the sources of life's joys would even exist, at least not in my world, if it weren't for her saying Yes. (full disclosure: saying yes after saying no, sweetly, at least 50 times)

I highly recommend marriage!
Browsing the forum and chiming in late. But I have to say I have the best wife. After two failed this is the one. She shows unconditional love. Even if I missed behaving. We are best friends thick and thin. Married 10 years this year and together 3 years before that. We take care of each other and enjoy doing for one another. No fighting. A rough patch here and there mostly something to do with what I spent with Chemical Guys for my F150. Or the boat. I don’t understand why. Which by the way this woman new I had always owed a boat of some sort most of my life.
2 years ago she sat me down in the living room and told me that she had a savings account I didn’t know about. I thought she was leaving! Then she smiled and said it had enough in it now that I could buy a boat.
Oh and when I had back surgery she replaced the water pump on my 2005 F150 by herself with my instructions.
There that’s my proud moment.
Great forum I really enjoy it and appreciated all the knowledge everyone has shared with me since I purchased my first Ecoboost a year ago. 2016 bought used and yes I learned it’s a high maintenance engine and fixing to have the timing chain done at 85k. But I love my truck. My wife says I’m obsessed with it. I call it my mid life crisis. I now have two big totes full of detailing products, polishes and don’t forget the foam cannon and pressure washer. Black 2016 shows a couple of scares from the previous owner but that’s character. The inside looks show room new at all times. One of those rough patches is coming in the form of a full set of floor mats. The previous owner had weather tech and took it all out but that’s why there’s not a stain anywhere and I’ve been keeping it that way for a year it’s time to get some protection. The grandkids got a little dirt on the back floor board carpet. Can’t have that.
Thanks again everyone for sharing your knowledge of what an Ecoboost is all about.

·
Moderstrator
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
@Douglasdzaster - what part of Texas are you located in? Lake or bay fishing?

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
One more thing. The only thing I can say that is a disappointment buying used is the engine bay was spotless when I purchased it. It wasn’t very long I noticed oil residue on the front of the engine.
Id hate to think the previous owner covered up a problem and the dealership wasn’t able to catch it because it’s not a bad leak. Never oil on the ground never low on the stick.

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
@Douglasdzaster - what part of Texas are you located in? Lake or bay fishing?
Im in the little town of Smithville about an hour south of Austin. I lake fish. The subdivision I live in has a 40 acre private lake and Im right in the middle between Lake Bastrop and The famous Fayette county lake known for some outstanding bass fishing. I also drive an hour to Lake Somerville for crappie and to drift fish for some big catfish.
We try to go to Matagorda in the fall and drive about as far as I can down the beach and surf fish. Always catch something if it’s just a shark. That’s the extent of my saltwater fishing for now but I have a son who is settling in with his new wife and they have a place in Sargent and access to an off shore boat. We just haven’t been able to time it right yet but he knows I’m itching to go. He’s got pictures of some huge snapper caught in there honey hole in the big water.

·
Moderstrator
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I know all those places; I just flew (drove) through your neck of the woods on Hwy 71 heading to the coast today. I’m in NW Austin area; meet up with family south of La Grange frequently.

Reactions: stereotype one

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,413 Posts
One more thing. The only thing I can say that is a disappointment buying used is the engine bay was spotless when I purchased it. It wasn’t very long I noticed oil residue on the front of the engine.
Id hate to think the previous owner covered up a problem and the dealership wasn’t able to catch it because it’s not a bad leak. Never oil on the ground never low on the stick.
Is the oil leak on the passenger side timing chain cover, above the ac compressor?

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
She wouldn't have any issues if you were buying Poorboys. :D
Never tried their products. I got hung up on Chemical Guys for some reason watching all their videos and I can also buy some of their stuff at the local Wally World. Let me put it this way my last order on line I choose the interest free payments option thinking it would soften the blow. Kinda like when i was a kid and knew I was in trouble at home so I’d get a friend to come over to fade the heat. When she saw the payment I told her it was detailing supplies and it was ok. Until she started seeing the other three payments. Lol
i even buy their detergent for my microfiber towels and applicators and wash mitts. Completely clean the washing machine and run an empty cycle to make sure no lint or softeners contaminate the microfiber then I do separate loads according to what each towel is used for. Then hang it all to dry all over the wash room. Then fold and store in separate ziplock bags depending on what the use is. But I can’t keep the little table by my recliner cleaned off and the trash can emptied. Lol
I use VRP on all my vinyl rubber and plastic does Poorboys have good stuff. Like Graphene maybe?

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
I know all those places; I just flew (drove) through your neck of the woods on Hwy 71 heading to the coast today. I’m in NW Austin area; meet up with family south of La Grange frequently.
We go to La Grange for our seafood fix. Once a month date night.
I used to fish out of some nice rigs. Triton boats. Now I have a modest 16’ extra wide flat bottom. I say modest I’m pushing it with a 40 hp Yamaha. Got it as a project boat for the river here then I started hearing stories of it being to shallow all the time and you really have to know where you’re going. The boats a 1986 Monark and does well on the lakes and I have many hours invested in it and the motor so I don’t want to try my luck on the rocks even though I was really wanting to run some troutlines it’s already got some battle scares and no leaks. It’s nice and peaceful when the wind is right and I’m getting a good drift on Somerville with the lines out. I either stay busy pulling in the little channels or waiting for that 30 lb Blue or Flat head.
I’m finishing a new floor in the boat then I’m back on the water. Hit me up if you ever want to go I’m usually by myself and that worries the wife. I have a fishing buddy from church but he’s not always able. He heads up north for the summer too.
Or if you have your own rig we can cover more water.
Keep a tight line.

·
Moderstrator
4,486 Posts
Never tried their products. I got hung up on Chemical Guys for some reason watching all their videos and I can also buy some of their stuff at the local Wally World. Let me put it this way my last order on line I choose the interest free payments option thinking it would soften the blow. Kinda like when i was a kid and knew I was in trouble at home so I’d get a friend to come over to fade the heat. When she saw the payment I told her it was detailing supplies and it was ok. Until she started seeing the other three payments. Lol
i even buy their detergent for my microfiber towels and applicators and wash mitts. Completely clean the washing machine and run an empty cycle to make sure no lint or softeners contaminate the microfiber then I do separate loads according to what each towel is used for. Then hang it all to dry all over the wash room. Then fold and store in separate ziplock bags depending on what the use is. But I can’t keep the little table by my recliner cleaned off and the trash can emptied. Lol
I use VRP on all my vinyl rubber and plastic does Poorboys have good stuff. Like Graphene maybe?
You mean there are people that don't do this?

I'm just yanking' your chain on the Chemical Guys stuff. I still have some of it around. Definitely their scents and yeah, I still like Stripper Scent. I like their Pink shampoo too. I use it for the places that don't need a high dollar shampoo. I used it yesterday doing the underside and wheel wells on my Exploder. There is no question about their product selection being large. They give you multiple choices in any given category. Almost too many choices.

I've tried most all of the major players over the years and have pretty much settled on McKee's, Poorboys and Polish Angel. That said, I have two six-foot cabinets full of different detailing chemicals, something for every need. So, when I tease people about their product choice I'll usually throw those names out.

As far as Graphene goes, I've only tried 303's product. I was not overly impressed and much of it is in my head. I expect to have my finish slick to the touch when I'm done using a sealant or a coating. My experience with Graphene was anything but. It felt pretty slick days later but definitely not immediately following the application.

·
Registered
2016 F150 , 3.5 Ecoboost
218 Posts
You mean there are people that don't do this?
She says I’m obsessed with my truck. She thinks a vehicle is a tool for transportation and doesn’t need all of the extra attention. I get a lot of complements on my truck. I’m trying to get her to see the big picture that a well maintained vehicle is worth a lot more when it’s time to part ways with it. Besides the inside of her Focus had never been really cleaned. Stains everywhere from coffee etc. I spent a weekend on it. Washed and put a nice shine on it and detailed the exterior. Then the interior. I used Lightnfast and a drill with a round brush then hit it with a small extractor and her seats and carpet looked new. She even ask me about maybe getting her some floor mats. Since she hasn’t even vacuumed it. I guess the new wore off for her. I keep a little swiffer in my center console to get any dust particles in between cleaning.
In her defense she works really hard at her job and drives the Focus daily and always running errands.
Im retired and always home unless I’m fishing. I cook all our meals and clean. Just not as clean as the truck.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts