F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a current experience dealing with Performance Peddler in the last 6-12 months?

I priced up an item, and the discount and free shipping seems "too good to be true"....

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Never heard of them, what products and how much cheaper than the other vendors?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of them, what products and how much cheaper than the other vendors?
The magnaflow exhaust I was looking at is 30% cheaper than the best deal I found anywhere else....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Maryland Speed shop has excellent prices too

·
Registered
2 Posts
About to order from them and wondering the same thing. What was your experience ?

I was about to place an order with them for a California-only Magnaflow Catalytic Converter and was wondering the same thing. They mention they're a dealer for Magnaflow but I dont see them listed on the Magnaflow site any longer.

Did you receieve your exhaust ? And if so - did it look authentic ?

Thanks

Does anyone have a current experience dealing with Performance Peddler in the last 6-12 months?

I priced up an item, and the discount and free shipping seems "too good to be true"....

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
244 Posts
They've been around a while. I remember hearing about them back around 2006. More good than bad. Prices were always good

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've ordered catalytic converters from them twice before (2006 & 2012) and have always had a great experience with them (they were Magnaflow-approved dealers then). However, I'm now in California, which is anal about cats during smog checks. They physically inspect them, and if they are aftermarkets - they have to be CARB-approved ones and have a certain 'CARB Executive Order' number stamped on them that matches the vehicle being smogged. Only Magnaflow and a couple of other aftermarkets are CA-approved, so this time I want to make sure what I get is original Magnaflow and has the proper stamps on them - otherwise I'll be stuck with something I cannot use.

Thanks VolForLife for the 'MAP price brand' info: seems very likely that's what happened (given PF's history of deep discounts). Wonder how they can still offer them if they no longer get MF products at dealer prices: unless they've got old inventory (MF prices seem to have increased 2-3 times in the past 2 years alone).

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless they got pissed off and don't sell it anymore LOL

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk
You just won post of the night...quoted yourself....and I'm the one drinking!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Glad you brought them up, I just gave them a shot, ordered a magnaflow, going to try and create my own quiet type exhaust.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Went with a 24" Mag 3" in/out, I'm going to try straight 3" pipe directly from the downpipes into the muffler and use the stock pipe that exits to start. If that's a bit much I'll throw a resonator on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts