F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a pair of speakers (I know) from a seller on eBay. I received them and one was damaged electrically (couldn't have happened in shipping). Wondering what the chances are of getting a refund. The seller sold them to me as fully functional so he did misrepresent them.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lately, eBay did me right. WATCH YOUR eMAIL DAILY & REPLY in a timely manner.

Several years ago, they hosed me. But I must admit I was tardy in my replies...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Why buy used?

I have always used Crutchfield and never been disappointed. GREAT customer service. All the parts you'll need to connect it up. Decent prices.

http://www.crutchfield.com/

Somehow, I get wrangled into installing stereos in folks' cars... ? I've probably installed twenty?! And they are always who I go with...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought them used because they are no longer made. I've been wrangled into installing stereos/alarms for folks as well. I used to own a car audio shop and those that know that seem to hunt me down to do their systems whether I want to or not. Anyhow thanks for that encouragement. I filed the claim with them today immediately after receiving delivery so I am being prompt and plan on continuing handling the process in a timely manner.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought some software last summer, used it for 3 months before I found out it was counterfeit. I contacted the seller, gave them the auction number and told them what I had found out. 10min later I had full refund. Ya, I was really surprised!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This guy is claiming that the speaker wasn't like that when he shipped it.:rolleyes: Physical damage is one thing, that can and does happen during shipping but this is electrical damage. He is a liar and I'm very doubtful that he is going to offer a refund. His auction does have refund conditions so I'm going to follow his conditions which is to ship the item back at my cost within 14 days.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This guy is claiming that the speaker wasn't like that when he shipped it.:rolleyes: Physical damage is one thing, that can and does happen during shipping but this is electrical damage. He is a liar and I'm very doubtful that he is going to offer a refund. His auction does have refund conditions so I'm going to follow his conditions which is to ship the item back at my cost within 14 days.
If he's not willing to refund based on the fact you just got them and one is not working properly contact eBay directly and make a claim against seller. eBay had buyer protection for these type of situations. After which eBay will reimburse you the money for the defective product and you'll need to send the items back. Leave a nasty rating on this dudes name so he'll think twice about refunding shitty items he sells. I've been selling on eBay for years and buying as well and know these ins an outs from past experience. You shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ebay has always resolved my issues or gotten my money back. If you paid with PayPal, you've even better off, because you can go through their resolution center also.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If he's not willing to refund based on the fact you just got them and one is not working properly contact eBay directly and make a claim against seller. eBay had buyer protection for these type of situations. After which eBay will reimburse you the money for the defective product and you'll need to send the items back. Leave a nasty rating on this dudes name so he'll think twice about refunding shitty items he sells. I've been selling on eBay for years and buying as well and know these ins an outs from past experience. You shouldn't have any problems.
I made a claim shortly after receiving them. They mandate that you give the seller roughly a week to resolve the issue and they pick up from there. So I guess I have to wait a week to escalate my claim to the next step.

Ebay has always resolved my issues or gotten my money back. If you paid with PayPal, you've even better off, because you can go through their resolution center also.
Yes I did pay with Paypal. I was under the impression that I needed to submit my claim with one or the other but not both at the same time (eBay and PayPal).:confused:

·
Registered
256 Posts
As an eBay seller myself, Makes me sick that people think they can't sell you something then it's your problem. Back to the old days, stand behind what you sell or don't sell at all.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As an eBay seller myself, Makes me sick that people think they can't sell you something then it's your problem. Back to the old days, stand behind what you sell or don't sell at all.
This guy is a work of art. Now he claims he is having trouble with paypal and will have to mail me a check for my refund. Keep in mind that it is not a full refund. It is just enough money to get the bad speaker rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you're well pas the week mark, has eBay stepped in to help?
I'm giving him a few days to get me a certified check. If I get anything other than the agreed refund then I will proceed with letting eBay handle it. I'm keeping all text messages and emails from this guy should I need to provide eBay with proof of an attempt on my end to make it right.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK. He sent a money order. I went to the bank with it and they told me that it'll take 10 days to know if its fake or not. They said that there has been a rash of fake money orders circulating. So I cashed it and now I'll watch my account like a hawk for the next 10 business days. Hopefully this guy isn't THAT low down. If he is I will prostitute ...no...prosecute.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes - sold an iPad on eBay. Buyer stated it was dead on arrival. Worked perfect and I have photos as I put in box.
Informed eBay and they said to have it sent back to me. Buyer sent empty box and tore off the apple bar codes which I also had photos of.

Called eBay upon receipt of empty box. Had $800 in my account before I could drive 10 miles down the road.

Great customer service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
Frogracer
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing