F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my 2017 XLT 3.5 and cannot tell if it is leveled already, is there any way to see if there is a spacer in the suspension while it is on?

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Spacers are far from the only method of leveling the F150 front end.

Is it 4WD? Can you get a shot from the front of the CV angles?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spacers are far from the only method of leveling the F150 front end.

Is it 4WD? Can you get a shot from the front of the CV angles?

It is 4wd, reason I think it’s leveled is because it sits higher than other stock f150s, was wondering if it’s possible to see the spacer, only other picture I have at the moment is this one

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
Mine definitely is level, but without a Puck. Honestly I can't remember how the oem coilover looks nested in the upper cup, but it does kind of look like you have a spacer.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Easiest way is measure center of hub to fender lip.
I don't have access to a stock one to tell what it measures but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

·
Modinstrator
3,111 Posts
The position of your spring cup is very similar to mine which is not lifted with a puck. That said, don’t take my word for it. Find a few trucks and look at the bottom of the top spring cup and compare it to yours.

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
89 Posts
Might be a dumb comment but from a distance does it look level?? Can you compare each wheel well height with another truck that you know is not level?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be a dumb comment but from a distance does it look level?? Can you compare each wheel well height with another truck that you know is not level?
When I look at wheel well height it definitely looks higher than stock trucks. Was more just wondering if you can see the puck/spacer in there or not. Also is kind of hard to judge because the truck came with 33s on it when I purchased it used

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I look at wheel well height it definitely looks higher than stock trucks. Was more just wondering if you can see the puck
/spacer in there or not. Also is kind of hard to judge because the truck came with 33s on it when I purchased it used

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Measure how much rake you have front to back. Before my level, the front sat around 2.75” lower than the rear. Your picture looks like it has a small leveling kit (1.5”?).

Here is a picture of my truck before the leveling kit for reference.

Picture of stock height CV angles:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is my 2013 with the rough country 2.5 inch leveling puck in it. (Of course the puck it self isn’t 2.5 inches)
IMG_5601.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently bought my 2017 XLT 3.5 and cannot tell if it is leveled already, is there any way to see if there is a spacer in the suspension while it is on?
View attachment 170881
Judging by the angle of the upper control arm, though, my thought would be that it is leveled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts