F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 2017 XLT 3.5 and cannot tell if it is leveled already, is there any way to see if there is a spacer in the suspension while it is on?

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,100 Posts
Spacers are far from the only method of leveling the F150 front end.

Is it 4WD? Can you get a shot from the front of the CV angles?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spacers are far from the only method of leveling the F150 front end.

Is it 4WD? Can you get a shot from the front of the CV angles?

It is 4wd, reason I think it’s leveled is because it sits higher than other stock f150s, was wondering if it’s possible to see the spacer, only other picture I have at the moment is this one

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,100 Posts
Mine definitely is level, but without a Puck. Honestly I can't remember how the oem coilover looks nested in the upper cup, but it does kind of look like you have a spacer.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Easiest way is measure center of hub to fender lip.
I don't have access to a stock one to tell what it measures but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

·
Moderstrator
3,486 Posts
The position of your spring cup is very similar to mine which is not lifted with a puck. That said, don’t take my word for it. Find a few trucks and look at the bottom of the top spring cup and compare it to yours.

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
199 Posts
Might be a dumb comment but from a distance does it look level?? Can you compare each wheel well height with another truck that you know is not level?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might be a dumb comment but from a distance does it look level?? Can you compare each wheel well height with another truck that you know is not level?
When I look at wheel well height it definitely looks higher than stock trucks. Was more just wondering if you can see the puck/spacer in there or not. Also is kind of hard to judge because the truck came with 33s on it when I purchased it used

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I look at wheel well height it definitely looks higher than stock trucks. Was more just wondering if you can see the puck
/spacer in there or not. Also is kind of hard to judge because the truck came with 33s on it when I purchased it used

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Measure how much rake you have front to back. Before my level, the front sat around 2.75” lower than the rear. Your picture looks like it has a small leveling kit (1.5”?).

Here is a picture of my truck before the leveling kit for reference.

Picture of stock height CV angles:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here is my 2013 with the rough country 2.5 inch leveling puck in it. (Of course the puck it self isn’t 2.5 inches)
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Water Flash photography

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently bought my 2017 XLT 3.5 and cannot tell if it is leveled already, is there any way to see if there is a spacer in the suspension while it is on?
View attachment 170881
Judging by the angle of the upper control arm, though, my thought would be that it is leveled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts