F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what did you use for muffler? 2nd what size pipe did you run? 3rd what would you like to change if you did it again?

·
Registered
838 Posts
If so what did you use for muffler? 2nd what size pipe did you run? 3rd what would you like to change if you did it again?
I am going to build one. Just havent yet. 3" magnaflow muffler and resonator

·
Registered
440 Posts
My plan is mak ory and stock muffler to keep it quiet n just a little little louder but if my hp bug bites me ill buy a 3" in/out muffler and just weld it in place of the factory one and keep factory tail pipe.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My plan is mak ory and stock muffler to keep it quiet n just a little little louder but if my hp bug bites me ill buy a 3" in/out muffler and just weld it in place of the factory one and keep factory tail pipe.
I currently run mak off road y pipe and a stock cat back.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Every little bit helps. It's not 3 inch right there.

I know when I removed it on mine and replaced with 3 inch. My exhaust note got deeper and less v6ish sound

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
So the factory exhaust is 3 inch for the most part!
I thought about doing 3" ID the whole way and using the oem muffler...

·
Registered
427 Posts
I ran all 3 inch pipe with two 18 inch glass pack straight through mufflers. To my surprise it doesn't sound bad at all. The guy that owns a muffler shop in my town suggested it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I ran all 3 inch pipe with two 18 inch glass pack straight through mufflers. To my surprise it doesn't sound bad at all. The guy that owns a muffler shop in my town suggested it.
Vids damnit

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'll try to get one when I get off work today

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
You have stock dp ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk