F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the chugging problem like the truck needs to drop a gear on some hills. They just gave me the redesigned inter-cooler. I will find out on Sunday if that worked have a nice little 200 mile tow coming up.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Read some stuff about an icing problem in the early aftercoolers. Some were even going into limp mode due to water ingestion. Keep us posted on how the new one works.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I've had the updated intercooler installed, dealer told me my truck was ready. I picked it up and a soon as I hit the highway I knew nothing has changed. Now I'm to go back a get a new sensor of some type installed. I've had the condensation issue since around 30,000 kms I have now 85,000 kms and Ford has yet to fix my truck. Very disappointed in this truck. It has great potential of being an awesome truck, but is not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Power would cut out,bog down, then go into limp mode & shake bad. From what I can figure out it is caused by excessive condensation build up then shorts out the spark plugs on a couple of cylinders that causes the issues. A trailer can be almost impossible to pull when the issues act up bad. At first it would happen very rarely usually when it rained. But now it happens every day. If I slow down to about 50mph then accelerate as when you pass another vehicle is when it happens consistently. Or on acceleration from a stop sometimes. I'm losing hope that Ford will fix my truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What do you do with a 2011 Ford Ecoboost with 85,000kms on it that does not run properly? This is the question I'm asking Ford to answer. If they can't fix it bye Christmas then I want a good deal on a new truck and fair market value for this one. It would be a shame if they don't step up help me out and make me take this issue to arbitration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have had issues with the F550 Cube van i had. the engine was just crap on it. it was a 2006. shortly after i bought it they changed the engine in the following model year but, they would not step up to the plate and fix it properly. Ford dicked me around until i was pout of warranty and then they wanted 10K to put a new engine in it. I'm afraid you are not going to be happy with their response.

Let me know if i am wrong...

Zsolt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I just got my truck back and it's a totally different truck and seems to be fixed. That did not take long! They changed out all the spark plugs.

·
Registered
860 Posts
That's good news! Hopefully it will keep running that way. I haven't had any issues with mine yet and have about 6000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2012 with 17K miles is having the same issue.....DTC'S are
p0304, p0305, p0306....they will change the Charge Air Controller.....CAC.....part back order...hope this works

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had similar problem with 2013 F-150 4x4 with 3:55 gears travelling in rain. Only 600 or so miles. As I excellerated on entrance ramp truck stalled and must have entered limp mode. Pulled onto shoulder with eng running rough. Shut down restarted and then was no other trouble. Very troubling! Poor gas milage only 16 mpg on road trip of 2000 miles, driving 65-75 mph. I am sure slowing down may help. That eng shutting down on entrance ramp is troubling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey - new to forum. Looking at '13 F150 SC 4x4 EB w/ Max tow.
Have a '05 F150 SC XLT w/ 3.73 and let me tell you about the poor design of the spark plugs. I had to have them replaced and 4/6 broke on the way out. The dealer ended up leaving something in one of the holes and ruined the bottom end. They had to replace on their dime but after all kinds of hassles and $ out of my pocket.

I am concerned that it seems like Ford is not standing behind their trucks like they used to. :-(

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Plugs are now one piece. That old problem has been rectified.

I have same engine (w/o turbos) in our 08 Edge. Changed plugs at 50K w/o any problems and they were all one piece. Replaced with E3 and saw a tad bit better fuel economy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just picked up my '13 Eco Scab 3.73. Debated long and hard on 5.0L vs Eco and went with the eco. Hope I didn't make a BIG mistake. According to what I've learned on this and the F150 site inter-cooler was updated on Sept 2012 and later builds.
Think might be best popping for the ESP plan. Having been bitten once by Ford on the 6.0L, I'd really be more than disappointed by another bum engine that was suppose to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Thanks to all for sharing knowledge on this site. Been very helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am wondering..... Does that mean every so many miles you need to change out the plugs because of the condensation issue ???? I have read about this issue on several other forums, Edmunds for example. They all seem to be the '11 and '12 EB models. I thought I saw or heard something about Ford addressing in the '13's. But my core storage has been overrun with all kinds of facts, opinions, specs, .... you name it. At this point I am thinking I would rather have a root canal than purchase a new truck :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Intercooler- I know the update to the 2013 trucks and the tsb for all others is for a piece of plastic to be bolted in front of the cooler because it is TOO EFFICIENT in colder climates.

I have not heard of a complete redesign though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 xlt with 15000 Kim's on it and I have a cat converter on back order from the states. The engine light came on, also has power loss, and some weird electrical stuff turn up where the radio is. Hopefully it will get fixed. I have been waiting a week for the part and the fuel economy isn't as great as they said it would be. I had a 2010 xlt v8 4.6 which isn't much different on fuel. I switched vehicles to try and save on fuel

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
31 Participants
Dam Electrician
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing