F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,
I am in the process of upgrading to a couple meth injection bungs welded in to my AFE charge pipe. One will definitely be half way between the vacuum fitting and the mass air sensor because that's where my current meth injector is. I am added a second injector for the purposes of spraying 1000cfm total. My questions for you guys are this:

(1) Where should I install the second nozzle?

(2) I am going to end up with one 625 cfm nozzle and one 375 cfm nozzle. Which one should be closest to the intake and which one should be farther away from the intake but closer to the CAC? Thanks in advance for your input gents!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Gents,
I am in the process of upgrading to a couple meth injection bungs welded in to my AFE charge pipe. One will definitely be half way between the vacuum fitting and the mass air sensor because that's where my current meth injector is. I am added a second injector for the purposes of spraying 1000cfm total. My questions for you guys are this:

(1) Where should I install the second nozzle?

(2) I am going to end up with one 625 cfm nozzle and one 375 cfm nozzle. Which one should be closest to the intake and which one should be farther away from the intake but closer to the CAC? Thanks in advance for your input gents!!!

I'd think that you'd see the best cooling with the biggie further back...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Just one for now...after the throttle using a plate I bought from Mat Morkin.
Thanks buddy! Don't think I can do a spacer with this BBK throttle body. Just don't think there is enough room. But does sound like a nice place to have one.

:)

Bet your intake valves are spotless!!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just one for now...after the throttle using a plate I bought from Mat Morkin.
This! I can get you these and bigger nozzle, and it is the perfect placement... I would not run more than one in this setup...it is bad news...the sensors will compensate (and not in a good way) if anything is injected prior to the TB... :D

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
This! I can get you these and bigger nozzle, and it is the perfect placement... I would not run more than one in this setup...it is bad news...the sensors will compensate (and not in a good way) if anything is injected prior to the TB... :D
Well Hell ignore post 7 then...lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I apparently need new nozzles, the one I have is too big to fit in the ones on my FR charge pipe. Erick I know we talked about a tank, I'll need a nozzle too. Will get with you about all that.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I apparently need new nozzles, the one I have is too big to fit in the ones on my FR charge pipe. Erick I know we talked about a tank, I'll need a nozzle too. Will get with you about all that.
Let's talk, I can tell you what I have run based on the turbos that you have, but I don't have Eanything here, so we will need to make it up as we go with you as usual... ;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Lol, you know I'm in for whatever we need to do. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you indulge a little more on this subject? I thought if the meth was induced in to the air charge a little farther away from the TB it would have more time to atomize? If it's sprayed in a TB spacer wouldn't there be significantly less time to atomize?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Can you indulge a little more on this subject? I thought if the meth was induced in to the air charge a little farther away from the TB it would have more time to atomize? If it's sprayed in a TB spacer wouldn't there be significantly less time to atomize?

Of course...The pressure that meth is injected, at least with the kits that we sell, is injected at such a high PSI that it atomizes instantly. You will get the benefit no matter where it is injected. ;)

I prefer the TB spacer because it is an easy way to install the nozzle and it is easily reversible...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That makes since and thank you for the response! For me personally, I already have one nozzle plumbed in my AFE charge pipe so adding a second one is not a big deal to me. Thanks again and I look forward to testing your tunes against others in the future.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
That makes since and thank you for the response! For me personally, I already have one nozzle plumbed in my AFE charge pipe so adding a second one is not a big deal to me. Thanks again and I look forward to testing your tunes against others in the future.

No problem, that is what I am here for, to help...just food for thought, you could go to a larger size nozzle instead of adding a second one... ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was asked by a tuner to spray 1000 cfm and from what I can find, NItrous Express(who makes my meth kit) does not sell a 1000 cfm nozzle.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts