F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Yes, I get what you are saying. And I have done that for my short term fix. But, there is still a torn diaphragm with vacuum sucked in junk from the outside world. It is then held there by what is left of the diaphragm. It is too cold out right now to do the complete job. But for the time being I found the hole in the diaphragm and sprayed in storage oil. This will help keep the inside of the hub from rusting up. To me just doing the vacuum line seems too HA. Especially with bearings being inside there.

There is no bearings in there. The hub actuator is separate from the bearing hub.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
7,418 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I kinda know Winchested. At least virtually.

I ain't bettin against him. :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: winchested

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
It's a sealed bearing. Like all hub bearings now.

There is no direct route from the CV shaft side of the IWE into the inner hub anyhow. Even through the diapraghm of the IWE.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
It's a sealed bearing. Like all hub bearings now.

There is no direct route from the CV shaft side of the IWE into the inner hub anyhow. Even through the diapraghm of the IWE.
That’s why you can do the RCV eliminators. They are just a coupler.

Personally, I prefer the Dormans as keeping debris out, can’t be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Mine failed internally, the vac diapraghm no worky... Moisture inside rotted it out.
How did you confirm that? That seems unlikely?

I will try to replace the valve in your pic if/when i get an issue and if that does not work, I will just plug it uptop where you post pic. Very good idea. I do not want to mess with the lines and hubs

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
How did you confirm that? That seems unlikely?

I will try to replace the valve in your pic if/when i get an issue and if that does not work, I will just plug it uptop where you post pic. Very good idea. I do not want to mess with the lines and hubs
Because all the lines have a nic orange coating inside them... Moisture/ rust.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts