F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this somewhere, If you have Sony System you can improve bass by removing sub from factory box, get rid of carpet padding that factory put in and fill generously with one pound of synthetic pillow stuffing. Post with results, I found it quite amazing!:D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would like to see what a pic of the sub and its location looks like. I would like to add a bit to the factory sound system. Is it a tube style system or.....?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know that method has been effective in other applications. Would love someone to try it in the F150 sub and see if it really works.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sub is box type located under rear passenger side seat, 3 8mm bolts hold box in place,then unplug wires 6 or 7 8mm bolts hold speaker in, 1 is in backside into magnet pops right out, remove carpet padding stuff from factory, fill with stuffing and enjoy. 20 minute job.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CLARK...I didn't catch it in the beginning...but you have already done this, haven't you? Are certain tyle of stuffing? What difference did you notice?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any type of synthetic stuffing I was going to use one of the Mrs. good pillows but they were goose down, I think it made a great bit of difference above half volume.

·
Registered
107 Posts
At least we can buy vehicles that can sound like that from the factory. Back in the day, I spent thousands for my stereo to sound like this one does.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have two 12s and an 8 in my other truck, and two amps. That stereo blows the one in my fx4 out of the water. And I listen to the stereo in the fx4 at full blast all the time... But then again I do like loud music lol. I will probably upgrade this system at some point in time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts