F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
You know I just found this thread and I see a lot of **** being posted by Hyper yet doing a little digging seems like they pull the same **** they claim to fall victim too. But first, let me just say I have spent a good chunk of change with Ryan to get the motor and turbos I want. Yes there were delays on my build but a good portion was on me making changes at the last minute. I was talking to Ryan last night on the phone as he was working on my motor and I heard a large bang. Turns out, Ryan sliced his hand open and went to the ER to get stitches and do you know what he did after that? He came back and started working on my motor again. The snake that people are trying to paint Ryan as is a big lie. He had my turbo housings re-powder coated at no cost to me! That's $500 that I didnt pay for. Not to mention he installed NEW Ford fuel rails and injectors that cost $900. Did he have to do that and not charge me? Hell no! Ryan is a standup guy. I get that no one is perfect and we've all done some stupid stuff but dont let Hyper stand there and be all high and mighty when they steal from people too and dont deliver on goods promised on the dates promised! Dont talk about being helpless in this when you are just as guilty!

And a side note, If you showed up to my house sneaking around when youre not welcome you'll see how quick of a shot I can be. We dont play those games in Texas and you better check yourself before someone gets hurt. Being mad and handling it with a lawyer is one thing but dont come to my house and scare my wife half to death just to be an asshole about it. I'd have you thrown in jail by now for that.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
So many tough guys talking about shooting someone on site here LOL. That's very manly and tough of you.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Take it as you want but dont show up to my house uninvited :)

Lets get back on topic on how Hyper is talking some **** and yet they have skeletons too

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)
You know I just found this thread and I see a lot of **** being posted by Hyper yet doing a little digging seems like they pull the same **** they claim to fall victim too. But first, let me just say I have spent a good chunk of change with Ryan to get the motor and turbos I want. Yes there were delays on my build but a good portion was on me making changes at the last minute. I was talking to Ryan last night on the phone as he was working on my motor and I heard a large bang. Turns out, Ryan sliced his hand open and went to the ER to get stitches and do you know what he did after that? He came back and started working on my motor again. The snake that people are trying to paint Ryan as is a big lie. He had my turbo housings re-powder coated at no cost to me! That's $500 that I didnt pay for. Not to mention he installed NEW Ford fuel rails and injectors that cost $900. Did he have to do that and not charge me? Hell no! Ryan is a standup guy. I get that no one is perfect and we've all done some stupid stuff but dont let Hyper stand there and be all high and mighty when they steal from people too and dont deliver on goods promised on the dates promised! Dont talk about being helpless in this when you are just as guilty!

And a side note, If you showed up to my house sneaking around when youre not welcome you'll see how quick of a shot I can be. We dont play those games in Texas and you better check yourself before someone gets hurt. Being mad and handling it with a lawyer is one thing but dont come to my house and scare my wife half to death just to be an asshole about it. I'd have you thrown in jail by now for that.

That customer actually held our car (pictured) hostage and it had to be recovered by law enforcement. The person responsible for that situation (lying to a customer, hence the videos, fully warranted IMHO) is no longer with the company for that reason among others, and is now a competitor.

Speak not of which you know nothing about, especially when it comes to exotic supercars with parts that originate in Europe and take weeks to arrive.

Re: house... I showed up at Ryan's house/shop, walked to the front door and knocked. No answer. I looked into the garage and saw nobody there, but a large torpedo heater burning away. After waiting about 15min, I shut the heater off (seemed like a massive fire hazard) and glanced around for any sign of my engines, closed the door and waited. I touched nothing. I came back a few hours later and again went directly to the front door, where I introduced myself to his wife. This is when Ryan finally got ahold of me. Not sure how that warrants homicide, but maybe things are different in Texas.

Irregardless, my physical search for Ryan Brown has nothing to do with the reason I was there, which is the topic of this thread.

·
Administrator
4,077 Posts
The person responsible for that situation (lying to a customer, hence the videos, fully warranted IMHO) is no longer with the company for that reason among others, and is now a competitor.
So Thad Norman (co-founder of Hyper Car) is no longer with Hyper Car Development?

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
That customer actually held our car (pictured) hostage and it had to be recovered by law enforcement. The person responsible for that situation (lying to a customer, hence the videos) is no longer with the company for that reason among others, and is now a competitor.

Speak not of which you know nothing about.

Re: house... I showed up at Ryan's house/shop, walked to the front door and knocked. No answer. I looked into the garage and saw nobody there, but a large torpedo heater burning away. After waiting about 15min, I shut the heater off (seemed like a massive fire hazard) and glanced around for any sign of my engines, closed the door and waited. I touched nothing. I came back a few hours later and again went directly to the front door, where I introduced myself to his wife. This is when Ryan finally got ahold of me. Not sure how that warrants homicide, but maybe things are different in Texas.
Pretty sure from watching the videos that customer paid $25k to have work done to his car that you didnt do then you sent him your shop car that didnt have AC to drive around and the motor blew up. Oh and did I mention YOUR TUNER BLEW THE MOTOR! Seems like the guy in the video even got his lawyer involved and when you didnt deliver on what you promised he started posting again. He even gave you a second chance to do the right thing and you still couldnt deliver! I wouldve held the car too and served you with papers for more than just the $25k you owed me. Seems like you people are shady to me. Acting all big and tough as a shop that got screwed over when really you people do it yourselves. I heard from a few friends that you bought back like 8 McClarens from customers you screwed over too because you couldnt deliver.

Re: House, clearly by the videos you posted on youtube you were sneaking around his house. You were not invited to his house and scared his wife half to death. Thats trespassing last time I checked and in Texas we call that violating Castle Law. But hey look at you being all noble by turning off the heater.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
That customer actually held our car (pictured) hostage and it had to be recovered by law enforcement. The person responsible for that situation (lying to a customer, hence the videos) is no longer with the company for that reason among others, and is now a competitor.

Speak not of which you know nothing about.

Pretty sure from watching the videos that customer paid $25k to have work done to his car that you didnt do then you sent him your shop car that didnt have AC to drive around and the motor blew up. Oh and did I mention YOUR TUNER BLEW THE MOTOR! Seems like the guy in the video even got his lawyer involved and when you didnt deliver on what you promised he started posting again. He even gave you a second chance to do the right thing and you still couldnt deliver! I wouldve held the car too and served you with papers for more than just the $25k you owed me. Seems like you people are shady to me. Acting all big and tough as a shop that got screwed over when really you people do it yourselves. I heard from a few friends that you bought back like 8 McClarens from customers you screwed over too because you couldnt deliver.

Re: House, clearly by the videos you posted on youtube you were sneaking around his house. You were not invited to his house and scared his wife half to death. Thats trespassing last time I checked and in Texas we call that violating Castle Law. But hey look at you being all noble by turning off the heater.
Nobody was home, I came back later. I did not go anywhere near his home except to knock on the door.

We have not bought back any vehicles. The reason Ryan Brown was hired was to build quality engines to make right with said customers. (2 customers with forged engines; they smoked due to mr. Yousef using the wrong valve seals, which even Mr. brown can testify to. I insisted on building them fresh engines rather than band-aiding the ones Mr. Yousef built, in order to give them the best quality product possible.

A phaser bolt backed out of the car in the video, and two finger followers broke in the valvetrain. Nothing to do with a tune. It is a very common occurrence on early 12c’s.

The TUNER/Co-owner (mr. Yousef) was the one in hot water with Mr. Johnson and the reason for the videos. He is no longer with the company for that reason among others.

It is obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about. The engines that Mr. brown was building were intended for said customers and being funded on our own dime.

Thanks to Mr. Brown’s lies and broken promises, they won’t have engines for a couple more weeks, as I had to start over with a new builder.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Nobody was home, I came back later. I did not go anywhere near his home except to knock on the door.

We have not bought back any vehicles. The reason Ryan Brown was hired was to build quality engines to make right with said customers.

A phaser bolt backed out of the car in the video, and two finger followers broke in the valvetrain. Nothing to do with a tune. It is a very common occurrence on early 12c’s.

The TUNER/Co-owner (mr. Yousef) was the one in hot water with Mr. Johnson and the reason for the videos. He is no longer with the company for that reason among others.

It is obvious you don’t know what you’re talking about.
CLEARLY, the guy in the video is wrong for saying that your tuner blew up the car. Then you delivered his car that was not only damage in shipping on the way to your shop, that you signed for mind you, but didnt have any sort of tune on it. It spent weeks at your shop and probably just sat there with no work done to it. Oh did we not mention that he flew in to pick up his car and you didnt even pick him up at the airport like you said you would and ghosted him for hours while you mangled the thing back together. Maybe we need to reach out to the guy and get him on here to set the story straight.

I'm still seeing a lot of mixed flags coming from you guys that dont make stories line up. I also believe that if in fact the motors werent delivered but paid for by you then your attorney wouldve been involved and you wouldnt be trying to publicly bash a sponsor on this forum. Seems to me we're not getting the whole story here from you either so how can anyone know what their talking about if youre keeping secrets.

I just noticed to that you were pointing fingers STILL! Blaming Yousef who was an owner of the company rather than taking responsibility on the shop as a whole.

·
Administrator
770 Posts
CLEARLY, the guy in the video is wrong for saying that your tuner blew up the car. Then you delivered his car that was not only damage in shipping on the way to your shop, that you signed for mind you, but didnt have any sort of tune on it. It spent weeks at your shop and probably just sat there with no work done to it. Oh did we not mention that he flew in to pick up his car and you didnt even pick him up at the airport like you said you would and ghosted him for hours while you mangled the thing back together. Maybe we need to reach out to the guy and get him on here to set the story straight.

I'm still seeing a lot of mixed flags coming from you guys that dont make stories line up. I also believe that if in fact the motors werent delivered but paid for by you then your attorney wouldve been involved and you wouldnt be trying to publicly bash a sponsor on this forum. Seems to me we're not getting the whole story here from you either so how can anyone know what their talking about if youre keeping secrets.

I just noticed to that you were pointing fingers STILL! Blaming Yousef who was an owner of the company rather than taking responsibility on the shop as a whole.
I'm pretty sure he acknowledged that the shop screwed up and that said person is no longer with the company. That seems like the right thing to do to me. No company is perfect and will all have screw ups time to time , fact of that matter is that there is hardly anyone in here defending RMB including himself, even after the mods and the admin reached out to him for a response.

Keep this on track.

The next mention of "you'll find out how good of a shot I am" will be suspended. This is not the place for that.

If you'd like to question issues with Hyper's company , open another thread.

Thanks

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I'm pretty sure he acknowledged that the shop screwed up and that said person is no longer with the company. That seems like the right thing to do to me. No company is perfect and will all have screw ups time to time , fact of that matter is that there is hardly anyone in here defending RMB including himself, even after the mods and the admin reached out to him for a response.

Keep this on track, and the next mention of "you'll find out how good of a shot I am" will be suspended. This is not the place for that. If you'd like to question issues with Hyper's company , open another thread.

Thanks

Got it, so open a thread and talk **** about Hyper like how theyre talking **** about RMB. Seems to me this thread was loooooonnnggg derailed before I even posted. Seems to be another reason why other members are jumping ship and going to other forums.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #215 (Edited)

Mr. Johnson's car was the first 570S that was brought in for a tune package. There were issues dynoing the car (it would limp immediately) and rather than admit fault, the customer was given a dyno sheet from another vehicle and lied to by Mr. Yousef, saying that the tune was done, when in fact it hadn't been cracked. Full disclosure. I would be furious as well. He picked up his car (sans tune obviously) and kept ours as collateral. Understandable as well. I'm not trying to deceive anyone, I'm trying to right the ship. I was the in-house fabricator at the time, and Mr. Johnson's car was being attempted to be tuned on an AWD dyno (not our in-house dyno) when he showed up to pick it up. That's all I know. He has been refunded and apologized to.

The shop car was loaded with a stock tune as a loaner, and Mr. Johnson demanded that it be flashed with an 800hp tune. The engine let go shortly after being reflashed. As was said, it was an early build car, which fell under a manfacturer defect. Two valve followers broke in half, and a phaser bolt backed out. No tuner could do such a thing on purpose, Matt will attest to that.

https://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-lounge/50905-manufacture-defect-cylinder-head-mp4-12c-6.html

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
The other side of the fence refuses to respond. We've reached out to them multiple times.

If he responds to this thread again, I will personally fly up there and put him in a head lock and give him a good noogie! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #217 (Edited)
"CLEARLY... blew up..."
"probably just sat there with no work done to it."
"mangled the thing back together."
"youre keeping secrets."
It seems that there is an over-abundance of bias and malice coming from you, and it seems that any response won't be good enough. You're making assumptions left and right. I'm being completely open and backing my statements with evidence where possible. I have no problem admitting fault. This aggression is unnecessary. I'm only trying to do right by everyone. Good day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
Seems funny how everyone’s getting worked up about the man showing up at his house when that’s the place that he had people send the motors

Sidenote: it didn’t look like much of a state of the art clean room to me

·
Administrator
4,077 Posts
Seems funny how everyone’s getting worked up about the man showing up at his house when that’s the place that he had people send the motors

Sidenote: it didn’t look like much of a state of the art clean room to me
Current picture of @TX-Ripper....

201 - 220 of 251 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.