F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using them since 2012 and have always used MX cherry blues because I love the clicky noise. Recently bought a Keychron K6 with hot swap switches and have some zealios 67g switches coming to swap the blues out. Not sure if anyone cares but I’m a big computer nerd so I love mechanical keyboards.

Also won a raffle on reddit for an artisan cap I really wanted which is Rangda Queen of the Leyak.

·
Registered
799 Posts
A little bit, but not to the point of swapping switches and all that. My primary keyboard (shared between 4 systems) is a Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Reds.

I also have a couple Unicomp and one original IBM Model M buckling-spring rigs which are wonderful for long coding sessions, in all their clicky goodness!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a k70 but they have blues in them. I've always been a fan of clicky boards and always thought reds felt like a membrane keyboard. I just like the feedback.

Got pictures of those unicomp and IBM M? Where did you find the M?

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My keycap should be here on the 20th 😁

Also got my Zealios 67g switches in for when my keychron K6 finally ships. Hopefully that ships by the 20th as they sent them all back to the factory to improve the force it takes to insert the new swtich. People were having issues with 3.5-4.5kg so they're increasing the force to 5.5kg.

Unrelated but I order some Senheiser and drop HD6xx headphones to replace my massdrop AKG K7xx that I've had for the past four years.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics of Zealios

·
Registered
286 Posts
I do own a fair share of mechanical keyboards but for the past year I have been running my Razer Blackwidow X Chroma. Overall is fantastic especially with its aluminum construction. Nothing crazy along the line of switching switches etc.

I’ve always been a fan of cherry Mx switches but Razers Propriety switches in my current keyboard have taken the top for me. Tho they have an activation of 50g they feel VERY on par with the cherry MX.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at the chroma for a while before settling on the Corsair K70. Something about a MX cherry blue just does it for me! The switches is new territory for me and so are tactile switches but man I've never been more excited 😁

I think I read the razor switches are very close compared to a MX cherry brown. I also have heard gaterons are better than cherry now since their patent ran out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes I’ve also heard about the Gaterons! It’s pretty crazy how they have an actuation weight 35g!

If I’m not mistaken they use an Mx style stem I believe?

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're 100 percent correct! They use cherry stems. Since the cherry patent ran out a few years ago gaterons made the design way better. They have a ton of new switches for all different types of people

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Must not read... no money for more toys... happy with my Cherry Reds... 😔
Doooooo eeeettt

I hear MX Clears are real nice...

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's here!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! It's a 1 of 10 set and it's gonna look great on my keychron k6

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Modistrator
2,107 Posts
@sleipner, I wish you’d show us the keyboard already. I know nothing about them but that doesn’t mean I couldn’t appreciate them if you’d show me what it is :)

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll definitely show you guys when it comes in 😁 it won't be here for a couple days but hopefully tomorrow. It needs to clear customs and then it's off to me

1 - 20 of 26 Posts