F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating timbrens for my hauling when I'm towing my Scout ii just to avoid 3" of sag. My truck is perfectly level. Bds 4" lift.

As I understand the timbrens run on the axle Tube below where the original bump stops were.

The BDS lift blocks have bump stop. Pads welded to them. So I assume I should be good to just run the timbrens on those bump pads.

They look plenty bug enough.

Just looking to see if anyone else has done it.

I'm not spending $600 on air bags.
So please don't suggest them.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I didn't have a lift, but my Timbrens were direct replacements, for the existing Ford bump stop. Yes, they would rely on the lift plate and U bolts to support whatever weight you put on the truck.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have a lift, but my Timbrens were direct replacements, for the existing Ford bump stop. Yes, they would rely on the lift plate and U bolts to support whatever weight you put on the truck.
Ya I think I might try it the way it is. If I find any bending or loose u bolts. After towing I will cut the wings off the lift block and weld on some bump perch plates off the axle.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the 2015+ kit as it comes with a bolt on bump extension for the axle, but it only comes up to about the level of the spring perch pad.

Wish they listed measurements on the website.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I'm for sure sold on them! And they are a local company about 2 hours away in Whitby, ON.

Reactions: Timbren-Industries

·
Registered
46 Posts
You should be fine, they squat a couple inches and then take the weight. I towed a triple axle trailer with a Cummins swapped K5 and a small trailer and they did awesome. Around 12k total

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should be fine, they squat a couple inches and then take the weight. I towed a triple axle trailer with a Cummins swapped K5 and a small trailer and they did awesome. Around 12k total
Awesome thanks. My 18' flat deck is around 1950 lbs and my Scout is around 5400 lb loaded with gear. So I'm just sub 7500.

My parents trailer only has to be towed 1 more time to it's permanent resting place but that surprisingly tows better than my car hauler (less tounge weight).

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Have you ever thought about the RAS by chance? They work awesome with my 6" lift and also greatly improved on the ride quality unloaded as well. May be a little more than you're looking to spend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you ever thought about the RAS by chance? They work awesome with my 6" lift and also greatly improved on the ride quality unloaded as well. May be a little more than you're looking to spend though.

I don't want any lift that's the thing.

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Registered
478 Posts
I was looking at the 2015+ kit as it comes with a bolt on bump extension for the axle, but it only comes up to about the level of the spring perch pad.

Wish they listed measurements on the website.
Which measurements are you after? I have the 09-14 version but could crawl under and measure if it would help at all?

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which measurements are you after? I have the 09-14 version but could crawl under and measure if it would help at all?

Just the length if you don't mind from the new mount under the frame to the bottom of the bump stop.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just the length if you don't mind from the new mount under the frame to the bottom of the bump stop.
So just the rubber piece?

I can also see how thick the spacer is if I can find them if it would help. I didn’t install them when I did mine cause I didn’t need to.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So just the rubber piece?

I can also see how thick the spacer is if I can find them if it would help. I didn’t install them when I did mine cause I didn’t need to.

The rubber and the steel bracket. So from bottom of trucks frame to bottom of the rubber.

Thanks.

I didn't realise it came with a spacer too that may help.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Sorry for the potato quality it was dark.

Without spacer from bottom of gram to bottom of rubber spring just under 8.25

The spacer is just under an inch

Hope this helps

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Sorry for the potato quality it was dark.

Without spacer from bottom of gram to bottom of rubber spring just under 8.25

The spacer is just under an inch

Hope this helps

You're a boss thanks so much man!

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
$600 on airbags? I think I paid $230.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Ohhh Cannnaaaaddaaaa!

Still, the airlift ride controls are $389 CAD on amazon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts