F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ohhh Cannnaaaaddaaaa!
Yup cheapest I can find Timbrens is $250+ tax.

Airbags were $450+tax and that doesn't get you any more than the manual set up.

And for the 10 times a year I tow the Timbrens will be perfect.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay so from frame to bump stop wing plate is 7 3/4" from frame to axle is 11.5"...

Hmm.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Okay so from frame to bump stop wing plate is 7 3/4" from frame to axle is 11.5"...

Hmm.
So if mine are 8.25 inches from frame to axle if you used the spacer that’s 9.25 inches. If you got a longer bolt I could send you the spacer I didn’t use for my truck that I think would give you the right amount of clearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So if mine are 8.25 inches from frame to axle if you used the spacer that’s 9.25 inches. If you got a longer bolt I could send you the spacer I didn’t use for my truck that I think would give you the right amount of clearance?

I can find all sorts of spacers at work. Work in big steel mill! Thanks for the offer. So what I will do is just cut the wings off the blocks with the sawzall and use the spacer x 2. Or weld a 1" perch to the top of the axle just use cheap trailer axle perches.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Premium Member
3,721 Posts
You're probably too far down the rabbit hole and looks like Timbrens will be a goof fit, however... What about going to a 2 inch block and adding some AAL's?
There is one negative thing I've heard about Timbren's, it's that when going over moderate bumps, it can be jarring when they make contact.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You're probably too far down the rabbit hole and looks like Timbrens will be a goof fit, however... What about going to a 2 inch block and adding some AAL's?
There is one negative thing I've heard about Timbren's, it's that when going over moderate bumps, it can be jarring when they make contact.
Add a leafs will be stiffer than I want.

I'd have to go to a whole new pack which is $. My lift block in the rear is 5".

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can confirm the jarring - I only notice it under “moderate” load. If I’m driving empty no problem at all. If I’m driving with enough weight there is constant contact no issue. But that intermediate weight can be a bit unpleasant.

BUT I also often times forget to air back down my E range KO2s after towing so that also contributes

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Can confirm the jarring - I only notice it under “moderate” load. If I’m driving empty no problem at all. If I’m driving with enough weight there is constant contact no issue. But that intermediate weight can be a bit unpleasant.

BUT I also often times forget to air back down my E range KO2s after towing so that also contributes

Are you at the 1" or 1/2" gap between jounce bumper and axle?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Are you at the 1" or 1/2" gap between jounce bumper and axle?
To be honest I don’t remember for sure. I carry enough tools as such in the truck I would assume I was closer to the .5. I don’t know if my truck has been empty since I brought it home lol when I measured the other night it was sitting on the axle, we had are expecting snow so I have some sand bags in the back.

Reactions: winchested

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ordered the FR1504D. I will make up a spacer to make up the difference I need and either weld it to the axle or sit it under the Timbren 1" spacer and put a longer bolt in.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So rather than spend a bit extra on spacers. I bought 4 hockey pucks drilled em, put body mount sleeves I had laying around. Used them as my spacers from the top.

Here's the photo.

Looks like I've got 1/2- 3/4" of gap. I may take 1 puck out if I find it to hard hitting just daily driving. I've also contemplated putting an old man cap (for camping) on the back so that may change it.

Will update when I've got some miles on it.

Reactions: snakebitten
21 - 34 of 34 Posts