F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to place an order from the factory, despite it being the worst time to order since Henry Ford had one factory.

A bunch of people told me to settle for a Dodge or a Chevy because the factory will take forever. Not today Satan, I’ll be patient.

Has anyone recently built? How long does it take to go from order placed to production?

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,101 Posts
Ordered 11/12/2021
Built 4/11/2022
Arrived day before yesterday 4/28/2022

So just shy of 6 months.

But honestly, there's some orders that are much quicker, and a few that can be longer

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,165 Posts
I think it depends on what options you get as to how long it takes to get it built. My brother ordered an F350 and he's been waiting since November, no build date has been given as of today. Granted, that's SD vs F150.

If you can wait, do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered 11/12/2021
Built 4/11/2022
Arrived day before yesterday 4/28/2022

So just shy of 6 months.

But honestly, there's some orders that are much quicker, and a few that can be longer
Yikes. I was afraid of that. Sounds like the 2023’s might be out before I get my 2022. Thank you, and congrats on your new truck.

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,165 Posts
Wow not even a date yet? That’s nuts.
Nope. He's called several times and gets nowhere. He needs it due to the size of his 5er, it's huge and heavy, and turned off by the diesel emissions.

Although, his order is an F350, CC, 4x4, 7.3, dually, 4.30, ect., there are plenty out there w/3.73, none have the 4.30 (#4,000 higher tow rating). it's a bit of a unicorn vs just ordering an F150 though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Decided to place an order from the factory, despite it being the worst time to order since Henry Ford had one factory.

A bunch of people told me to settle for a Dodge or a Chevy because the factory will take forever. Not today Satan, I’ll be patient.

Has anyone recently built? How long does it take to go from order placed to production?
502A which i received in March… Things (like gasoline doubling) really changed the last four months. I would be open to the other vendors.. before this jump in gasoline. Right now i would stick with the lighter but more expensive Ford… and i did get the 2.7…

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,101 Posts
Yikes. I was afraid of that. Sounds like the 2023’s might be out before I get my 2022. Thank you, and congrats on your new truck.
Thanks! It was worth every minute of the wait. These new trucks are amazing.
There are trucks in inventory across the country. Obviously the choices are a fraction of what was common historically, but you can find a truck if you can make some compromises.

I personally know where a 2021 Platinum Powerboost is with 6000 miles on it and I put those miles on it. :)

It's flawless. Not one issue with it and it even has all the software updates (24) up until the package that Ford released just today. Those are now out of my hands.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ordered my new f150 on March 30...as of today I've heard nothing. Perhaps it will be a 2023?

·
Premium Member
13,101 Posts
That's almost like "yesterday", in the new normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts