F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ya that's I thought he meant too. Relocating the battery on the truck itself. But what purpose/advantage would this provide?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Larger turbos!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is the purpose or advantage to doing this? Freeing up engine bay space?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
yes/no I will retain the factory location while having a second battery mounted to frame instead using the truck battery i will be using a second battery to run accessories for bed lighting and i will eventually wire into the 12v lead to charge trailer battery vs the trickle charge effect the 16ga factory wire will do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone consider Lithium Iron Phosphate...I believe it/they could be mounted inside. I am considering replacing my two 6 volt batteries with one 100AH battery. It only weighs 30lbs compared to the 120 or so lbs now.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Anyone consider Lithium Iron Phosphate...I believe it/they could be mounted inside. I am considering replacing my two 6 volt batteries with one 100AH battery. It only weighs 30lbs compared to the 120 or so lbs now.
LiFePO4 batteries are made with expensivium, which is the first problem. Second, any of the lithium chemistries tend to fail in impressive ways...

LiFePO4 is less reactive than LiIon or LiPoly (those turn into blowtorches), so that's good. But it's still more reactive than a typical lead-acid (FLA, SLA, AGM, etc.)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts