F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 and noticed the plastic cover blocking off the top 1/3 of my CAC. I read this is to prevent condensation from overcooling... Has anyone removed it and what were the results? Would this work in the summer months?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Took mine off my 13. Couldn't tell any difference. There's a new tsb out somewhere that has the dealer removing these now anyways I believe. I'm sure someone will post a link.

·
Registered
914 Posts
What about the big one that covers the top and some of the back side?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Please take them all off...I do this for every customer with a 2013...although it doesn't help that Ford put plastic block off plates inside the intercooler to limit flow either...the 2013 intercoolers are very restricted...

If you log a 2011-12 and 2013 back to back, and I am talking stock setup here, the 2011 will actually cool the IATs, but the 2013 will just continue to rise...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Please take them all off...I do this for every customer with a 2013...although it doesn't help that Ford put plastic block off plates inside the intercooler to limit flow either...the 2013 intercoolers are very restricted...

If you log a 2011-12 and 2013 back to back, and I am talking stock setup here, the 2011 will actually cool the IATs, but the 2013 will just continue to rise...
That's no lie...last summer I thought I was going to melt things.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

uploadfromtaptalk1395761205963.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1395761223857.jpg

That is the inside of my stock cac. Its plum retarded for ford to do suck a thing. I Fixed the issue with a Wagner intercooler! And I love It. Special thanks to Josh!

Faster then Ecofx86!

·
Registered
868 Posts
that does suck and explains alot about how the performance drops off so much in my truck as temps rise !
i noticed it on my truck in stock form.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Glad I have the 2011 CAC (knock on wood). My IAT temps remain below ambient except when idling in traffic. This is even when towing 7500 lbs uphill.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Reposting from another CAC thread for the 2013 guys like me....

QUESTION: I know a lot of you guys run a live wire or some other monitoring gizmo that stays plugged into the OBDII port most (i.e. all) of the time.

Is there anyone that would like to see a pod mounted 2" traditional gauge for IAT? Like the boost gauges that many of us have? If so, would you want a full sweep dial or digital read-out?

I know there are already a couple on the market, but I don't really care for anything that I've seen so far. Just curious. Thoughts?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
not in all things, but I guess in some, I'm "old school...this is one of those....BUT it is a full digital stepper motor running off of a manifold with a lot of cool whiz-bang features :cool:

I would love to see them make a dual sweep IAT gauge to match.

2014-01-27 12.16.06.jpg

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have a 2013 and noticed the plastic cover blocking off the top 1/3 of my CAC. I read this is to prevent condensation from overcooling... Has anyone removed it and what were the results? Would this work in the summer months?
I removed mine. It's cold as **** outside, no issues.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts