F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not entirely stoked on this little black tumor on the passenger side of my white roof. Here's a pic I found of the same type thing online on a black truck. Has anyone removed this? Is there a hole in the roof where it's wired in?

Reflection Water Snow Winter Architecture

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You could always paint the antenna white to match.

SPPD

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still dont like the fact that they might have punched a hole in my roof for 6 months of Sirius satellite rdio that I'll never renew/pay for.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Well ya will just look like everyone else lol. It is probably bolted in from the underside to. And you'd have to remove the head liner etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
THIS SHOULD BE AND OPTION!!! I had it on my Oxford white Ranger and couldnt stand how much it stood out. Its all clean but this black blob, it was the first thing that caught my eye on the F150. They could make it a free "yes" or "no" option... Ill never get satellite radio. Soon Ill have the sweet tune of turbos to listen to haha.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i dont worry about the black knob on the roof and if i decide it sticks out to much i will color match it

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with you. I think the fender antenna should be an option since I never listen to the radio.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I would have never thought about this until you pointed it out lol. Props to you for paying attention to every aspect of your truck!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, most people wouldn't care, but I am not most people. Heh heh.

If you're going to make a permanent modification to the body of a vehicle, it should be a personal choice, not something that is forced upon you as an up-sell type of deal. This is lame coming from an OEM.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Honestly? If every builder of every product took the time to make every little part that someone may or may not like an option you would be paying a lot more then you did for the truck and probably a lot of other things you purchase. Personally I'm not a fan of the 4X4 sticker which I removed or any of the logo's, Ecoboost, and Ford that are on the truck but they came on it so I'll either paint them or look at other options.
My personal concerns are the quality of the product. I dropped mine off last night for front end vibration, headlights not adjusted properly and the high beams will not switch on. Considering this truck is less then 12 month old I'm left wondering what other problems should I expect? Just my .02

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree with you. I think the fender antenna should be an option since I never listen to the radio.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Check your glove box. My truck came with a plug that you can install in place of the regular radio antenna. The salesman showed it to me when he delivered the truck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Could you snap a pic of the plug?
I think the radio antenna is too large and I am looking for a clean way to replace it

Check your glove box. My truck came with a plug that you can install in place of the regular radio antenna. The salesman showed it to me when he delivered the truck.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
How did you even know this was up there? Are u like 9 feet tall. Every ford has it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the factory sunroof so mine doesn't stand out that much IMO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess I got lucky really did not want sat radio so the truck I found did not have it no antenna to worry about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts