F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting close to the point of needing new tires and have narrowed my choices down to a couple of options.

One is the BFG AT KO's in 285/65R 18 on 18" x 9" Worx 803 Beast Wheels.

In doing the research, it looks like I'll be adding about 5 lbs. per wheel / tire to the rolling stock. I was curious if anyone else is running this type combination, and if so, what were the effects on performance, ride and fuel economy.

I'm currently running the stock Goodyear SRA's (275/65R 18) on the factory Chrome wheels and my mileage is really good. I have run the BFG's on a previous Ford and was really happy with the performance, handling, ride and longevity of the tires.

Feedback is much appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Im running those in 275 70 r18 on 18" worx beast wheels with a 2" level kit. With the whole package compared to the stock good years and chrome rims I lost 1-2 mpg. Definitely worth it for the better looks and excellent traction over factory set up

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not yet but those are the tires and size I am planning on getting next month. Let me know how they work and post some pics if you get them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far. I had 32 - 11.50's on 15 x 10" wheels on a '95 F-150 and they were great tires. Good traction on the road, sand and light mud. The tires were very quiet for the aggressive looks and lasted very well.

It may be a couple of months before I do anything, but will definitely post some pictures when done. I would really rather stay with a "D" Load Range tire, but in these sizes, choices are slim. I don't tow or haul a lot so I don't need the "E" range tires.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I ran BFG A/T tires once. Didn't like them because they didn't clean out well in the snow. I'd go M/T ir you live in an snow prone area.
Just my .02 I'm sure others will love them.
I've used both A/T and M/T on plow trucks.

Yup, just went back and looked, you'll have no problems with snow in Florida.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had BFG AT's on my F-250 and loved them. Got a little over 52,000 miles out of them before I had to get new ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought my 2nd set for my company pickup 2010 F150 got 52,000 out of the first set and 60,000 the second. Can't beat them!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ran BFG A/T tires once. Didn't like them because they didn't clean out well in the snow. I'd go M/T ir you live in an snow prone area.
Just my .02 I'm sure others will love them.
I've used both A/T and M/T on plow trucks.

Yup, just went back and looked, you'll have no problems with snow in Florida.
A decent snow tire is intended to pack with snow. The pressure/weight of the vehicle causes the snow in the tire to momentarily freeze with the snow on the road, increasing traction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts