1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Damn, you stole my answer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yup. I have two sets of 275/65/20 Toyo Open Country A/T ll. One is for winter and the other is for summer. Two different wheel sets. I hate switching tires over to wheels when it's time for the different wheels. I LOVE the tires. Very quite. Fantastic in rain. Handling is as good as can be expected. Living in SLC Utah I get to drive in some terrible conditions when heading to the ski resorts. The tire gets a 8/10 in snow. The tire is a 10 ply so a little bit heavy and stiff. When I switched from the stock tires to these tires and put on the leveling kit my wife could not tell much of a difference in ride. She did notice the truck was taller. She is so observant. The tires wear extremely well. I had them on my 09 Lariat and had 25K on the tires when I sold the truck and I was asked if the tires were new. This is just my opinion but I would put these tires up against any tire in its class.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I absolutely HATE Toyo's, but they hit a homerun with these tires. Personally I'm not running these, but a few close friends are. They can't say enough good things about them.

They don't have the uneven wear issue that has presented itself in the previous at and the mt, and they actually do better in the slop than Toyo's useless open country m/t.

I know I'm hating on the mt a bit much here, but my friends and I have had plenty of bad experiences with them. They're highway tires that look like mud grips, plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I bought a set in the Xtreme size and love them. Great on the road and in the rain. Haven't had them in mud or anything yet, but by far my favorite tire....much better looking then the Nitto terras

·
Registered
127 Posts
What he said^^^ great in snow and ice but they arent so great in mud, they become slicks

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car
Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread Auto part

·
Registered
253 Posts
30k miles on mine right now. Couldn't be happier with them.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Alloy wheel

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have them in 275/65/20 with about 8k miles on them. Came with the truck from the dealer along with the levelling kit. I'm in the process of trading them in for slightly larger diameter DuraTracs. Personally the tires are not aggressive looking enough for me. To be honest I thought they were factory oem wheels and was surprised when they told me they were upgraded. To each their own, but they are not my style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I forgot that I started this thread about a year ago. Guess ill update everyone. I got the toyo at2's in a 35x12.50

Here are some pics. And I know people will ask. No, they dont rub. Not even when I had my stock bumper.

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Tread Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

'12 XLT eco: Airaid intake, LMS 91, ADD Venom front bumper, 2" level, 35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Xtreme's, 17x9 Vtec Raptor wheels, 15% front window tint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts