F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this ever happened to anyone, it has happened a couple of times while my wife was driving of course, but I can confirm as she told me and i went to check and it smelled of burnt electronics or burnt carbon paper or something weird. The truck has 120 000 km on it, it is not the break in burn off smell so don't even mention that. What I think it is after searching the net and finding multiple F150 users describe the same situation (don't think its ecoboost specific) is a burnt, or failing blower motor resistor. I should mention I started the truck back up, turned the heat on high and smelled, the smell dissipated and was gone??? I Couldn't get it to happen again...i pulled down the glove compartment to make sure a receipt or something didn't get caught behind, but there was nothing back there - checked all my vents and floor vents and nothing

anyone ever replaced their blower motor resistor because of this - im going to pull mine out to check for smell/burn connections but thought i would ask first

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I had to replace mine, but never had any burnt smell... it just quit working. If you're getting a burnt smell, it could be because of an inconsistent or weak connection in the unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts