F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a dash cam, just wondering if anyone else uses one on a regular basis? I was first thinking about getting a Go Pro but they are pretty expensive so now just looking at regular dash cams.

I want one for all the idiot drivers around plus i have a friend that was in a accident recently and he had a friend riding with him and the insurance didnt pay the claim cause they said they needed a witness in another vehicle that saw the accident and they guy riding with him wasnt considered a witness.

So if yall have any suggestions on a good dash cam let me know and maybe some pics of it installed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've used a go pro but is not perfect for one. My brother uses one in his semi. I'll have to find the brand again, but takes great video day or night & has a gps built in.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went ahead and got one.. I really like it and for 37 bucks its hard to beat. Has a great picture and looks like a radar detector so it doesnt take up alot of room. It takes up to a 32 gig sd card and records 1080p and has a great picture. You can leave the screen up or down it works either way

·
Registered
360 Posts
That thing is obnoxiously large. The mount for my GoPro cant even be seen sitting in the front seats (it's behind the rear view mirror) and with the GoPro on it hardly blocks any of the view.

Not sure how long your battery would last if you're running video constantly everywhere you go. The GoPro has a timelapse feature that can take photos as quick as every half second which uses a lot less memory and battery, and would probably provide enough images to document what happened.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
That thing is obnoxiously large. The mount for my GoPro cant even be seen sitting in the front seats (it's behind the rear view mirror) and with the GoPro on it hardly blocks any of the view.

Not sure how long your battery would last if you're running video constantly everywhere you go. The GoPro has a timelapse feature that can take photos as quick as every half second which uses a lot less memory and battery, and would probably provide enough images to document what happened.
Post a pic of your mount please.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think its to large.. like i stated the size of a radar detector and the mount doesnt bug me since its high up. im sure a go pro is better but 200-400 dollars compared to 37.00 is a pretty big jump

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Where did you buy this for 37$. I would like to purchase also.

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts

I would like to see actual video from this camera under different lighting conditions as I suspect the quality is low. You're not getting much for under $100.

I've been wanting to put a front and rear system in both my trucks. A true system that starts recording when the truck is on and also time/date stamps. I'm probably going to have to build the system I want as I want it as covert as possible, but easily able to use it. As I said, I want it to record when I start the truck as I don't every want to have to think, see, or touch the system until I really need it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Top Dawg Electronics Dash Cams

here is the ebay link

High Definition DVR Dash Camera Brand New | eBay

I would like to see actual video from this camera under different lighting conditions as I suspect the quality is low. You're not getting much for under $100.

I've been wanting to put a front and rear system in both my trucks. A true system that starts recording when the truck is on and also time/date stamps. I'm probably going to have to build the system I want as I want it as covert as possible, but easily able to use it. As I said, I want it to record when I start the truck as I don't every want to have to think, see, or touch the system until I really need it.
i can load a video, to me quality of the video is pretty decent especially for the price

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im uploading the video now.. Trimmed it to 3 mins since my internet is so slow.. Will post up when done

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally finished. Besure to watch in 720p on youtube.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Here is a shot from the cam my brother uses.

Reactions: coyconner1983

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow... I bet he was sucking the seat covers up, i know i wouldve been Lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, after my purchase of the dash cam i have decided that i like the idea and ordered a new one, its a DVR-m880 or G1W (same camera).. This one is suppose to be the best camera there is under the 100 dollar mark.

Records in Full 1080p
32 gig Micro Sd Card
2.7 inch color screen
Hdmi Port
5.0 MP for taking photos
130 degree viewing angle
motion detection
G-sensor
Great Night Vision
and Gps Option.

I just put it in the truck so havent got to play with it much, but overall it looks like a great unit. The feature i like the best is you can zoom in with a quick touch of a button then zoom back out.

I will have a video this evening.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I'm curious about buying a GoPro off brand and using it as one of these but curious if when you reach the limit of your 32gb camera...does it automatically start over and record over the oldest film? Also, how do you go about editing clips on your computer to shorten the video

i.e. you race someone in the truck and it lasted 40 seconds, but your video is 3 hours long.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With this camera, You have a choice of 2 5 or 10 min video clips. When the card gets full it automatically overwrites the oldest video clips. As far as editing windows movie maker works great to shorten the videos down.

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is the first video i took with it going to pick up the boy at daycare.. I had to make the video a smaller resolution since my internet is so damn slow.. It took 3 hours just to upload this one.. But the picture is perfectly clear on the normal resolution with no skipping or anything.

Even did a little half throttle acceleration/tire spin at 25mph to test out the sound at 2:35 of the video. :)

Reactions: milesej05
1 - 20 of 117 Posts