F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting one and was just wondering if you guys have any experience with them. Buddy of mine owns a diesel performance shop and recently bought an ecoboost as a shop truck and put the edge programmer on it and says it performs well and make decent gains. I was just looking for a little more input if anyone has any.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run the Edge on my 2011 Ecoboost. We have done a lot of testing with it. I really like it, I drive the truck everyday.

Does the mileage actually increase with the economy mode. That's my main interest. I'm not racing the truck so I really don't NEED the power. Towing tune may be useful but my main interest is in the economy if it does improve.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
The best I ever got was 21.5 MPG after the intake and tuner only. Once we did the throttle body and charge pipe i lost mileage. I also started to drive the truck much harder. I guess i like the extra power. I hate to sell anything based on mileage gains because it depends so much on how you drive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive it modestly. I use the power when it's needed but for the most part I'm fairly easy on it. Coast when I can maintain speed, 65-70 on the interstate etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am running a sct 3015 and considered the edge just for the moniter. Can you change tire sizes with Edge?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've been running the edge on and off for the past few months. I do notice a huge gain in MPG when I'm running the fuel econo tune. I've also used it for towing and it seems to pull better with the tow tune loaded. Gas mileage when towing has always been bad (9-10) whether it's tuned or not. I have yet to try the performance tune.

My only complaint with the Edge tuner is the gas pedal is more sensitive when it's tune. I like the stock pedal feel.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
You can change tire size with the Edge tuner. Ecoboost2012, you may want to checkout the Edge Insight, it is the monitor only. Also if any members want the EDGE CTS tuner ill throw in a free 2009+ F150 dash pod and adapter for Free.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Newb here so please forgive my ignorance with tuners. Does anyone know if you buy the Edge insight strictly to use as gauges for now, could you eventually load it with tunes and use it as a programmer?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Monitor only. If you want both, I would suggest looking into the sct livewire, which can be used as a monitor or as a tuner.

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great info! Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Edge only has canned tunes correct? I thought you could run into trouble without custom tunes

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Correct, no custom tunes

Sent from my iDesk air

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
Raiderfan1890
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing