F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new here to the forum, recently i been doing some research to level my F150 17-2.7L 4WD. I did some digging on the posts and after seeing the post about the Bilsteins are good for dailies, i went with it over the Fox 2.0 for everyday use. I purchased the Bilstein B8 6112 - Suspension Kit - 47-258075 front & the 5100 rear, I'm looking for suggestions on the wheels / tire size. Not familiar with those, but i did the that the -12mm is the preferable look. I see some 20s" - 35 tires locally, but some post i read said its best for 18's & 33. Any experience / suggestion would be greatly appreciated. PS I do tow / haul from times to time on some home remodel, not sure if it matters affect of the wheels/tires suggested. Also I'm in the Houston area, so if you have any recommendation for shop to install the level kit, shoot me a pm.

Regards

CJ

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
If you aren't going to tune or correct for tire size then stick to 33s. 18s for a truck that will see offroad or 20s for a mall crawling grocery getter.

-12 without flares is ugly. +18 to 0 offset is best.

If you care about fuel mileage stick to a highway/ mild a/t. On 8.5-9" wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you aren't going to tune or correct for tire size then stick to 33s. 18s for a truck that will see offroad or 20s for a mall crawling grocery getter.

-12 without flares is ugly. +18 to 0 offset is best.

If you care about fuel mileage stick to a highway/ mild a/t. On 8.5-9" wheels.
thank you, after getting all advices. Got the chance to pickup a deal locally KCM XD monster II 18x9 18+ offset, they look great, just waiting for the bilsteins, hopefully I get it by the weekend.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
thank you, after getting all advices. Got the chance to pickup a deal locally KCM XD monster II 18x9 18+ offset, they look great, just waiting for the bilsteins, hopefully I get it by the weekend.
Pic's or it didn't happen :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts