F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Supposed to pick up my shinny old Lexus tomorrow. One owner, clean carfax, perfect service history at the Lexus dealer every 5000 miles for scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Apples/Apples????

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think the lexus is quite a bit darker. TBH though, i've never actually seen one in this color that I can remember. All of them seem to be generic soccer mom white, silver and black.

The red was one of the reasons I wanted this one. It wouldnt blend in with all the stay-at-home soccer moms in Park City on their way to Orange Theory while the kids are at school :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
What is the underbody oil coat people use? I thinking i am gunna do that to this lexus once i get it. Probably do it on the truck to since its still in decent shape after all these years.

·
Registered
492 Posts
What is the underbody oil coat people use? I thinking i am gunna do that to this lexus once i get it. Probably do it on the truck to since its still in decent shape after all these years.
fluid film probably

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Unless you have a 2 post lift its **** to apply laying on your back on a creeper.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Nice new whip!

I would hit it with Fluid Film. You may even be able to find a local outfit that will apply it or another product of similar effect “Krown” coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Nice new whip!

I would hit it with Fluid Film. You may even be able to find a local outfit that will apply it or another product of similar effect “Krown” coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.

Just got home.

IMG_8097.jpg

Gas mileage isnt terrible. Its no honda civic but i had the cruise set to 80 mph the whole way and averaged 18.5 mpg while also climbing from 1300’ to 8000’.

I think at reasonable speeds and not a constant climb, it could easily pull down mid 20’s

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
I'll catch you up.

Jeep blew up. Fixed Jeep. Jeep blew up again. Parted Jeep out. Found Lexus to purchase. Will take Lexus wheeling!

I just want to see how many Lexus purists lose their minds over it. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I'll catch you up.

Jeep blew up. Fixed Jeep. Jeep blew up again. Parted Jeep out. Found Lexus to purchase. Will take Lexus wheeling!

I just want to see how many Lexus purists lose their minds over it. Lol

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
The land cruiser variant Lexus is actually a very popular over lander.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I have a mental image of a GX all jacked up, sitting on 40"+ mud tires.

I think you pretty much have to do it now...
Its based very closely on the current gen 4Runner so a LOT of the parts swap over. Anything from skids to control arms to shocks will fit. Guys are building these thing with Total Chaos long travel suspensions and stuff.

The advantage of the lexus, besides the interior, is that it has a 4.6L V8 and the full time Torsen awd system. It also has KDSS which is Toyota's version of factory sway bar disconnects. Both sway bars can release when you are off-roading, but the sway bars are beefier so when you are on the road the thing handles really well for what it is.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Apparently there are no fluid film applicators anywhere in the western US. Nor Krown. Anyone know of any other brands?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Any dripless oil spray is plenty fine. Rustcure 3000, Rust check etc.

Well if ya can't find any one put it up on 4 ramps, get an undercoat gun and get to spraying.

Need a decent air compressor though.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
For your viewing pleasure:

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8146.jpg

Last one is the window in the block and the bottom of the conrod. Looks like the bolts let go because it looks like a clean edge.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
First 3 “mods” complete on the GX:

Morimoto XBLed fogs:

IMG_8122.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

These were actually mounted in the Jeep ARB bumper, but they just happened to be Toyota versions and were 100% drop in on the GX.

Weathertechs:

IMG_8149.jpg

Seat cover for the kid:

IMG_8150.jpg

61 - 80 of 101 Posts