·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Met with a local guy today who took the engine, trans, transfer case, tires/wheels, skid plates, rock sliders, arb bull bar, driveshafts, turbo, head, manifold, exhaust and a bunch of other misc crap. Somehow I managed to stuff all that in my truck. It weighed so much that my Ridecontrol airbags wouldnt level my truck at 100 psi.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Shipped out the sway bar disconnects to a guy I met on the GXOR(GX Off-road) facebook group, oddly enough. His wife has a V6 gas Liberty that he is setting up.

Shipping out the rear 4 link setup today to one guy as well as the front UCA's, catch can, battery tray(custom oversized tray for larger battery), and some gauge pods that go in the center vents.

Trying to decide if I wanna pull the shocks and springs. I could get some money for them, but then I have to buy replacements so I can actually get the thing out of my garage.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
Gotta be one of the swiftest and thorough part-outs I've ever seen

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Gotta be one of the swiftest and thorough part-outs I've ever seen

It's driving me insane that my GX or F150 has to sit outside because the garage bay is being taken up by the Jeep. That alone is motivation to get this over with. Unfortunately, my HOA would probably have a collective mental breakdown if I rolled it out in the driveway and left it there.

I am shocked at how much people are offering for parts though. Just the parts alone I am making ~2x what I thought I could sell the complete, running jeep for.

·
Premium Member
5,665 Posts
If you scroll up to the opening post of this thread, you find it's really only been 2 months from the time you first considered whether to........

As a spectator, it's all happened remarkably FAST! Even including acquisition of parts internationally.

But I'm not stupid. I realize that just represents how much EFFORT and time you have spent experiencing it. I'm exhausted watching you. Lol

Still, it's nice to see that monetarily at least, you didn't take a bath. Well done

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Jeeps pretty much picked over. I am just waiting for some new front UCA’s to show up so i can bolt the front end back together and roll it out of the garage.

Called pick-n-pull the other day and they are gunna pay me $80 for the carcass and tow it for free.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)

This is how it currently sits. Its pretty much ready to go and is scheduled to get picked up Tuesday.

The only major items I did not sell were the lift components(springs, shocks, etc) and the brakes which were Powerstop Z36’s with like 3000 miles. Oh and the Truetracs and ECM have not sold yet but are out and sitting on the workbench.

Got a set of 1996 grand cherokee wheels for $40 which is what you see in there

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Are the true tracs for dana 44s?

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
No, D30 and Chrysler 8.25”.
Well that's balls lol.
I put a lunch box in the back of the scout but a tru trac would be nice! And put the lunch box in the front.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well that's balls lol.
I put a lunch box in the back of the scout but a tru trac would be nice! And put the lunch box in the front.
I was very happy with the truetracs. The Jeep had full-time 4wd(basically awd with open center diff) and the front truetrac was almost invisible other than it would tend to make the steering recenter faster when you were on the gas in a corner.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Oh and here is my rear upper control arm

IMG_8290.jpg

I told pick-n-pull they better bring a flatbed

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
IMG_8302.jpg

Put the OEM trailer hitch on the GX this morning. Its rated to tow 6500 lbs with a 650 lb tongue weight so i might just be able to swing towing my travel trailer if i pack well.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Tomorrow is the big day. Jeep is getting towed away at 7AM.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
IMG_8358.jpg

Goodbye, buddy. You were like a meth addicted cousin. We were family. We grew and learned together, but at the end of the day, I couldn’t trust you to keep my 2 year old safe and I knew if I took my eye off of you, you would steal the money right out of my wallet to score your next “fix.”

Im not happy it ended this way but not losing sleep over it either.

No offense to anyone with meth addicted cousins, that was just the only way I could describe this.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts