F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just ordered a 2.5 inch complete level kit from Autospring along with some 35 inch trail grapplers and was wondering if people with the same setup could shed some light on their experience with the same setup. There are a lot of talk about rubbing/not rubbing and it seems that similar setups rub when some don't. Looking forward to tips and advice for avoiding rub. I will be installing this on 2013 ecoboost XLT supercab. Looking forward to hearing back and seeing pics.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hello all,

I just ordered a 2.5 inch complete level kit from Autospring along with some 35 inch trail grapplers and was wondering if people with the same setup could shed some light on their experience with the same setup. There are a lot of talk about rubbing/not rubbing and it seems that similar setups rub when some don't. Looking forward to tips and advice for avoiding rub. I will be installing this on 2013 ecoboost XLT supercab. Looking forward to hearing back and seeing pics.
I'll be looking forward to pics.... Might be the setup I'm headed for...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hello all,

A lot depend's on the wheel you're going to run them on. Usually a wheel that stick's out about an inch more than stock is the best bet to clear 35's.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This is a pic of my '11 that was leveled 2 inches..I had 305x55x20 Nitto Terra's on the stock 20's.Barely a 1/4 inch from the upper control arm. Trail grapplers in this size would have probably rubbed. 002.JPG

Reactions: coletrain

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Those will stick out about 2 inches more than stock and may cause a potential problem in the front when making hard turn's. Trimming will help but any offroading you may have a problem. I had 17x9 wheels with 5 inches of backspacing on my '04 Lariat and had rubbing problems running 315x70x17 BFG AT's...made them work but was not happy with the result's. One good thing is that the 09 and up truck's have more front wheelwell room than my '04 had so it may not be as bad. A wheel that 18x8.5 with a stock 5.5 backspace would be better but they are probably hard to find. Those would stick out about 1 inch more then the stocker's and give a little more room for turning.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This was my '04 that was leveled 2 1/2 inches with 17x9 wheels with 5 inches of BS..looked good but the 315x70x17's rubbed when turning...even after trimming. Ended up using some 17x8 wheels with 5.5 inches of BS and they worked fine. 80-picture_php_pictureid_2243_2184986ccedf756b616d16fd559c4e6378819442.jpg

Reactions: coletrain

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was my '04 that was leveled 2 1/2 inches with 17x9 wheels with 5 inches of BS..looked good but the 315x70x17's rubbed when turning...even after trimming. Ended up using some 17x8 wheels with 5.5 inches of BS and they worked fine. View attachment 19570
So only rubbing in the front? You dont hear much about people rubbing in the back. Those tires look huge in your pic. Either that or the wheel well was a lot smaller in 04.

·
Registered
790 Posts
So only rubbing in the front? You dont hear much about people rubbing in the back. Those tires look huge in your pic. Either that or the wheel well was a lot smaller in 04.
As long as the tires are 12.5 inches wide you should have no problems in the rear. The front wheelwells were a little smaller not a lot. Ask around...you can probably make them fit but it may take cutting on the truck's lower wheelwells to make them fit. Then you have the loss of performance and gas mileage associated with running heavy 35's...not trying to scare you but these thing's can be expected. Truck will look good in the end but it will come at a cost. Always best to test fit a tire and wheel assy. first in the front if possible and check for clearance when turning hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the Autospring kit which was really easy to install. I'm running 20x9 Dick Cepek Gunmetal 7's with 4.5" BS (if I remember right) and 33x12.50 cooper discoverer SST's. I think they're perfect because I didn't have to trim anything (which I hate doing) and I'm getting 16 mpg. I still need to lift the rear 1.5" to make it look right which you'll probably want to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Beat Taco...those 275x65x20's are 34x11 and you still had to trim using those wheels?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Beat Taco...those 275x65x20's are 34x11 and you still had to trim using those wheels?
The black truck on 0 offset rubbed with those tires.
On the short trip from the tire shop to the dealership it left considerable rub marks on the inner fender.

My truck on +20 offset with 35x12.50x20 toyo mt's barely touches the inner fender on the passenger side only but still hasn't left rub marks. I am going to make a bracket and pull them back like pictured above. That black truck was done by a tech at the dealer and I'm going to copy what he did.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts