F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these installed and not really too happy with the fitment of the front. Has anyone else purchased this brand yet? Has any had any issues with the front not seating in the channel by the mirror cap? Here's a couple pix

image-2022045523.jpg

image-657403102.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, I have. I have weather tech shades and they did t VentShade 006.jpg VentShade 005.jpg he same thing. It's because you have tow mirrors. I just took my drumel tool and trimmed the corner and all is claw.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually after looking closer at your photos I see your shades are different in that they don't go all the way to bottom like mine do. ventshades 001.jpg I like the under the weather stripping over the stick on. They make less air noise and your not putting all the sticky glue stuff on your molding.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see the weather techs go all the way. Mine stop at the top of the mirror. The more I look I guess it's not too bad, I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to installing anything.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I went with the AVS over top. Yes they stick to the paint but I've had them for years on a previous vehicle. My buddy had his inseam vent shades get snagged on the window rolling up & cracked the shade. My 2 cents

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the AVS over top. Yes they stick to the paint but I've had them for years on a previous vehicle. My buddy had his inseam vent shades get snagged on the window rolling up & cracked the shade. My 2 cents
Yeah I read some reviews about the in channel interferes with the auto roll on the front windows. Oh well lol well see what happens they were only $50 on amazon and I got a $100 gift card from work for doing a walking/exercise thing. Lol free money hahahaha

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on these.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I read some reviews about the in channel interferes with the auto roll on the front windows. Oh well lol well see what happens they were only $50 on amazon and I got a $100 gift card from work for doing a walking/exercise thing. Lol free money hahahaha

Any update on issues you have?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the AVS seamless and was not crazy about sticking them on, however...had them 6 months...no issues...good investment and would highly recommend them. I was afraid of the auto window feature reviews with the in track style

Sent from my SPH-D710 using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've had my AVS low-pro's for over a year now, no issues at all. If the glue fails, it's just 3m double stick. I can get a roll from autozone and put them right back on.

I love these visors!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had my AVS low-pro's for over a year now, no issues at all. If the glue fails, it's just 3m double stick. I can get a roll from autozone and put them right back on. I love these visors!
Yeah....I think mine are the same. They stick to the weather stripping rubber outside and they don't stick out too much, almost flush with body. They make no noise and hold up well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts