F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm sure I definitely DON'T want a resonator, sounds nicer without to me. But I also don't want the OEM bottleneck in there.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
He is referring to the 0FG Exhaust, and keeping his factory front resonator. The 180 Technology resonator in the 0FG Exhaust does not have traditional packing material found in a resonator. It is a straight-through design with our patented drone-canceling magic within which does not utilize baffling. (y)

Sounds like the 0FG with the non-resonated Performance Mid Pipe is your dose of steel, my friend.

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I bit and sprung for the black tipped passenger exhaust. Muffler only. We’ll see how it sounds then decide if I want to go with the AWE resonator. Might contemplate extending my full race resonator due to the price of the AWE

So...more to come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're going to like it a lot, I'm sure!

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay, send me the system and I’ll write the review... we’ll have to see how it fits with the Hellwig sway bar. ;) No doubt I’ve simply missed it but is there a sound file for the dual tip side exit. I looked but I must blind.
GH,

I didn't record a video of the dual exit exhausts on the EB as they sound the same as the single exit :)

·
Administrator
9,946 Posts
He is referring to the 0FG Exhaust, and keeping his factory front resonator. The 180 Technology resonator in the 0FG Exhaust does not have traditional packing material found in a resonator. It is a straight-through design with our patented drone-canceling magic within which does not utilize baffling. (y)

Sounds like the 0FG with the non-resonated Performance Mid Pipe is your dose of steel, my friend.
Right. My point was, if I spent all this money on an exhaust system, I'd hate to do it and leave the 2.5" factory midpipe in. A non resonated midpipe would definitely be the choice for me.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I'm sure I definitely DON'T want a resonator, sounds nicer without to me.

After listening to the sound Clips a few more times I agree, definitely no resonator

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,946 Posts
Sounds a little meaner to me, but not over the top. I like just a tiny bit of raspiness if it can be done without too much drone or being too ricey. This might be as good as it gets.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I personally don't like the sound of either, but I can see why others would. Just not my style, I guess. Is just installing the performance mid-pipe a viable option? Any one done that with this or any other performance mid-pipe?

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I personally don't like the sound of either, but I can see why others would. Just not my style, I guess. Is just installing the performance mid-pipe a viable option? Any one done that with this or any other performance mid-pipe?
I hear you, I'm not a fan of any aftermarket exhaust on these engines but if I were to get one this is the only one that sounds halfway decent that I've come across. Looking forward to hearing some sound clips from people, kind of hard to hear it in most of these in cab videos due to the hum of the tires.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Installing the AWE 0FG Single Exit Exhaust with the Resonated and Non-Resonated Performance Mid Pipe with our friends at CJ Off-Road.

Damn the exhaust on that coyote sounds good. I'm really digging the non resonator one on the EcoBoost, not so much the resinator one though after hearing that video.
I may have to get one, at that to the damn truck budget

·
Registered
2 Posts
This looks like an awesome set up, I would love to hear what it sounds like on a 2.7 though. Plus I wish there was a side exit that came out before the tire, That would be an instant buy for me.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts

So is there still no drone if you go the non resonator route then?

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So is there still no drone if you go the non resonator route then?

Correct. 180 Technology is featured in all of the 0FG configurations. With that in place, the soundtrack remains drone free regardless if you equip the resonated or non-resonated Performance Mid Pipe.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts