F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Lol too funny this literally just popped up on my YouTube.
It seems the resonator version definitely has more of a bullfrog/wet fart sound then the non resonator.

I still think it's one of a couple of the better exhaust that I've heard though for the ecoboost.
If someone were to force me to buy an exhaust for an ecoboost so far this would probably be the lead contender (the non resonator one)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Lol too funny this literally just popped up on my YouTube.
It seems the resonator version definitely has more of a bullfrog/wet fart sound then the non resonator.

I still think it's one of a couple of the better exhaust that I've heard though for the ecoboost.
If someone were to force me to buy an exhaust for an ecoboost so far this would probably be the lead contender (the non resonator one)

Bullfrog? What in the world are you using to listen to videos, my friend :p

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Bullfrog? What in the world are you using to listen to videos, my friend :p
Again I still think this exhaust is one of the best sounding one so far out there, but yes when revving in the resonated video clip it sounds like a bullfrog.. which isn't uncommon for aftermarket exhaust for these engines, seems like it's pretty hard to avoid.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
No love for the countless million 09-14 F150's on the road?

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Again I still think this exhaust is one of the best sounding one so far out there, but yes when revving in the resonated video clip it sounds like a bullfrog.. which isn't uncommon for aftermarket exhaust for these engines, seems like it's pretty hard to avoid.

This caused me to go down a rabbit hole of researching bullfrog sounds, and I can confidently say I do not agree with such a comparison. If I come to a solid conclusion of what the EB motors sound like, I'll report back. :)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
This caused me to go down a rabbit hole of researching bullfrog sounds, and I can confidently say I do not agree with such a comparison. If I come to a solid conclusion of what the EB motors sound like, I'll report back. :)
17 second point in this video and the 1:08 point in the video you just posted. Almost dead on

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Yep. Watched that one among many other. Synced up your time stamps, still cannot get behind such a comparison of the EB motor to a bullfrog. Sorry :)
I'm not the only one

Once Again though, I do feel you have a good product, and again, one of the better ones I've heard.
I will say in all other areas, minus the revving, it sounds pretty damn good for an ecoboost exhaust.

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I'm not the only one

Once Again though, I do feel you have a good product, and again, one of the better ones I've heard.
I will say in all other areas, minus the revving, it sounds pretty damn good for an ecoboost exhaust.

I appreciate your kind words, genuinely. What I am struggling with is trying to compare the EB motor to a bullfrog. I don't think I have ever heard a vehicle being compared to an amphibian's bellow, in all of my time in the aftermarket industry. Definitely a first experience for me. All I can picture is a thumb being strummed across a big hair comb when hearing the frog 😅

·
Registered
195 Posts
I really wish we would have compared it to a wet fart instead of a Bull Frog. That would have been comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Ok ok wet fart was a little extreme, but bullfrog now..

I'm probably gonna end up with this exhaust even though I've always been major anti ecoboost exhaust... I'll be getting some crap from some people for sure lol

I will definitely not be getting it with the resonator though, if that was the only choice it would be a no-go

·
Registered
260 Posts
I always get a kick out of the EB sound detractors.
Anyway a source of a very popular style of performance muffler, the "Turbo Muffler" originated with one of the first turbo production cars made. The Corvair turbo flat six. I liked the sound of my 1966 Spyder and still like the sound of a n EB with aftermarket exhaust. KM

41 - 60 of 82 Posts