F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know somewhere I read something about an issue with the back up camera but, I can't find any reference with a search. With that, I'm beginning to have an issue with mine that is more of an annoyance at present. It has an intermittent cut out where the screen goes gray for a second and returns to normal, doing this a couple of times while backing up. This just started happening within the last week. I'm thinking maybe a loose connection in the system somewhere. I haven't really made a check of it yet. Being as the truck is under warranty, I could make an appointment to bring it in. This may happen but, not until I get my recall notice for a roll pin issue in the tranny linkage that is supposed to be issued starting today. In the mean time, any other info that may be of help is appreciated. If this is a simple loose connection, I see no need to make a warranty appointment for this. Anybody got any clues?

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
If you covered by Warranty, take it in.

If you start fiddling with it, and something burns out or fries, they may blame you and void the Warranty.

PS: I have had my truck for 4 1/2 years and no issues with the backup camera.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I know somewhere I read something about an issue with the back up camera but, I can't find any reference with a search. With that, I'm beginning to have an issue with mine that is more of an annoyance at present. It has an intermittent cut out where the screen goes gray for a second and returns to normal, doing this a couple of times while backing up. This just started happening within the last week. I'm thinking maybe a loose connection in the system somewhere. I haven't really made a check of it yet. Being as the truck is under warranty, I could make an appointment to bring it in. This may happen but, not until I get my recall notice for a roll pin issue in the tranny linkage that is supposed to be issued starting today. In the mean time, any other info that may be of help is appreciated. If this is a simple loose connection, I see no need to make a warranty appointment for this. Anybody got any clues?
If you covered by Warranty, take it in.

If you start fiddling with it, and something burns out or fries, they may blame you and void the Warranty.

PS: I have had my truck for 4 1/2 years and no issues with the backup camera.
I agree with Grim, assuming you have checked the connection below the tailgate. Not that I am sure it has anything to do with this, but the wife's Sync screen hasn't had an issue since the latest update was loaded. (knock on wood)

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. If it's something simple like a loose connection, I think I can handle that. Anything else and it goes in. This issue may be related to the recent upgrade to Sync 3. I don't know. I have noticed that it goes to a gray screen and then back to normal seemingly as if it's on a timer. That may be related to the recent upgrade. It's a strange happenstance.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I understand how aggravating things like that can be. Something everyone should consider. Those trucks that are still covered by the factory warranty it would be advisable to have the dealer troubleshoot and correct what ever it is that may be the cause. If you don't and sometime down the line after the warranty has expired the issue could reappear. Putting a Band-aid so to speak may not be a permanent fix.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since I've received the recall notice for the roll pin issue, I also leave the issue with the back up camera to them as well. Will be checking tomorrow on an appointment for both issues.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Since I've received the recall notice for the roll pin issue, I also leave the issue with the back up camera to them as well. Will be checking tomorrow on an appointment for both issues.
did you ever have this issue resolved, mine goes black on the passenger side and sometimes on the drivers side, sometimes on both sides everything else works, only does it on really hot days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts